I made my own skin for the Swype keyboard that looks like the HTC android keyboard but its only VGA portrait. I have no clue what will happen on a non-VGA phone. In landscape it is the original Swype skin because I don't need the landscape version.
BRAND NEW DESIGN! NOW WITH 2x THE AWESOME!
After a short experience with xdandroid I'm back in Winmo. Here's what's new, I'm calling it Swype 11 due to the new year:
- Finish Editing page
- minor tweaks/more colour
Jan 25th UPDATE
- More colour
- Finished Calculator page and almost finished Edit page
- the ^ on the symbols page was incorrect. I was actually a period (who knew?) so I fixed that
Jan 23/11 UPDATE
- I've decided to go a more colourful route, to help differentiate the buttons
- the two number/symbol pages are now done
- minor adjustments here and there
Jan 22/11 UPDATE:
- Using the 2.0 version because of previous preference and smaller size.
- I've totally revamped the previous version
- Both letters and symbols have increased in size, the ' is still pretty hard to see though
- Only small case, shift, and caps are done so far.
- I've improved my technique so I should crank out there rest relatively soon.
- I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty damn good comparing the two
My progress with the updated 2.0 version has been posted. The editing and calculator pages of the skin are not yet finished so my original skin is used for those.
I've now started to update the keyboard and skin to the newer version (18.104.22.168.5032). I got the keyboard from PPCGeeks (cheers to jj62mtp, the second post). I know there have been issues but apparently this one does not cause any and it has worked flawlessly on my Telus HTC Diamond running MightyROM6. This skin isn't even close to being finished but again I'll only be doing the VGA Portrait version. Here's a taste of what I've got so far.
Files Below -
- Swype 2.0 (complete original 'android' skin): Android-Like Swype Keyboard.cab
- Jan 25/11 UPDATE: Swype 11 Colour.cab
IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE POLL! THANKS