Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Brodit Active Holder for Nexus One

Tip us?

Snooker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Brodit Active Holder for Nexus One

Just ordered me one of those.

I hate universal holders and I hate passive holders. This seems like the best choice right now, since the official merchandise is still not in sight...

http://www.pdashop.nl/product/90916/...nexus-one.html
Google Nexus One!

MadFlava
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I have one. It works super. You'll be really happy with it.

Google is missing the boat huge on this car dock.

Snooker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That's good to hear, MadFlava. I had one of those for my previous phone (Touch Diamond) and that one has served me perfectly too.
Google Nexus One!

Bob Loblaw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Installed mine yesterday. I love it. The cords are ugly but I'll work on that when I get a chance.

AndyCr15
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
Yup, I have one and would recommend them too
AndroidAndyUK - Android reviews
HTC Universal --> HTC TyTn II --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Hero --> HTC Nexus One --> Samsung Galaxy S --> HTC Desire HD --> HTC G2 --> Samsung Nexus S --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> Samsung Galaxy Note --> Galaxy Nexus --> HTC One X --> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> S3 LTE -> HTC One -> Samsung Galaxy S4 -> Moto G, Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab --> Advent Vega --> Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 --> Nexus 7

Snooker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, received mine today, and... my Nexus One does not fit??? It will not slide far enough over the micro-usb connection.... any of you guys experienced anything like this?

It does not charge now... and there's like 2mm of space left between the bottom of my Nexus One and the holder.. I've used force to some extent, but it just will not slide any further..
Google Nexus One!

Bob Loblaw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker View Post
Well, received mine today, and... my Nexus One does not fit??? It will not slide far enough over the micro-usb connection.... any of you guys experienced anything like this?

It does not charge now... and there's like 2mm of space left between the bottom of my Nexus One and the holder.. I've used force to some extent, but it just will not slide any further..
I'm new here so I can't post links but go to androidforums.com and search for the thread ProClip Mounting System. In there you'll find a guy (dbpaddler) that has a lot of knowledge about these mounts. He's a re-seller for Brodit I think. Tell him about your problem and maybe he can help.

AndyCr15
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker View Post

Sounds very odd. Can you post us a few pictures of what's going on?
HTC Universal --> HTC TyTn II --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Hero --> HTC Nexus One --> Samsung Galaxy S --> HTC Desire HD --> HTC G2 --> Samsung Nexus S --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> Samsung Galaxy Note --> Galaxy Nexus --> HTC One X --> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> S3 LTE -> HTC One -> Samsung Galaxy S4 -> Moto G, Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 5

Snooker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
See attachment. The micro-usb connector in the holder is about 4.5mm high, but my Nexus One will only slide over it like for 2mm and then it feels like it is blocked by something. I've used force, but no movement whatsoever.

I find it strange too.. I don't see anything odd on the connector, nor on the female connector on my Nexus One. I guess I'll take it back to the store...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4175.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	288035  
Google Nexus One!

AndyCr15
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
How odd. It looks like the connector is slightly left of centre, if you use the trackball to be centre... no jiggling will make it fit?