T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image v1.6 3/8/2010

OP Koush

26th February 2010, 06:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 894

917 posts
Hi everyone, I've written a brand spanking new recovery with a Android application front end!

To install my ROM Manager and recovery, simply download ROM Manager from the Market!

ROM Manager:

ClockworkMod Recovery:

ClockworkMod Recovery is based off the eclair recovery image. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser for choosing update.zips (you can now organize your stuff by directory).

Bug fixes.
File list now scrolls in recovery.
Added hooks for ROM Manager.

Initial public release.

For a manual installation of the recovery, you can download it from my website:
http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/...ery-image.html
Last edited by Koush; 8th March 2010 at 09:45 PM.
26th February 2010, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koush

Here's a new open source recovery image for those that are interested.

It is based off the eclair recovery image. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser for choosing update.zips (you can now organize your stuff by directory).

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/...ery-image.html

okk im flashing noww.................................flashed it................ bootin into recovery........pressed alt l to show text(u should mention dat in the post)
try to edit it to make it press a button before confirming operation like wen prefroming back up make it press home to continue operation or something like dat otherwise then dat im im pressed n addd go into console dats major for some ppl
26th February 2010, 07:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 15

819 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlesmank4

okk im flashing noww.................................flashed it................ bootin into recovery........pressed alt l to show text(u should mention dat in the post)
try to edit it to make it press a button before confirming operation like wen prefroming back up make it press home to continue operation or something like dat otherwise then dat im im pressed n addd go into console dats major for some ppl

wow, is it really that hard to just fully spell words? you sound like an idiot, plus its just hard reading that sorry excuse for dialog.

anyways, flashing now.
26th February 2010, 07:27 PM   |  #4  

608 posts
More
Quote:

what....the.....F***?!?!? lmao excuse the language but damn dude O_O

edited for language by ivanmmj
Last edited by ivanmmj; 26th February 2010 at 07:59 PM.
26th February 2010, 07:31 PM   |  #5  

97 posts
Quote:

Kids, don't be a fool, stay in school.

TRANSLATION -

"Ok, I'm flashing it now... Flashed it... Booting into recovery... Pressed ALT+L to show the menu (I really think you should mention that the user needs to do this in your OP).

Also it would be nice if I had to press a button to confirm an operation before it actually executes, like how on most recovery images you have to press HOME to confirm a wipe, etc.
Other than that, I'm impressed and I was able to go into console. That's major for some people."

Last edited by chillbeast; 26th February 2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Translated for the sake of the developer understanding WTF this guy is blabbing about
26th February 2010, 07:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag The Colony, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

908 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillbeast

kids, don't be a fool, stay in school.

translation -

"ok, i'm flashing it now... Flashed it... Booting into recovery... Pressed alt+l to show the menu (i really think you should mention that the user needs to do this in your op).

Also it would be nice if i had to press a button to confirm an operation before it actually executes, like how on most recovery images you have to press home to confirm a wipe, etc.
Other than that, i'm impressed and i was able to go into console. That's major for some people."

rofl greatness.
26th February 2010, 07:42 PM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 193

3,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehseano

wow, is it really that hard to just fully spell words? you sound like an idiot, plus its just hard reading that sorry excuse for dialog.

anyways, flashing now.

Is it really too difficult to completely spell words?
Your typing comes across as being that of an illiterate, honestly I found it a little difficult to understand, did you mean dialogue?
26th February 2010, 07:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,131

9,181 posts
More
I thought this was based off of Cyan 1.4, will it get updated or is this like a final version?
26th February 2010, 07:48 PM   |  #9  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 15

819 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerat

Is it really too difficult to completely spell words?
Your typing comes across as being that of an illiterate, honestly I found it a little difficult to understand, did you mean dialogue?

I'm typing from a phone, and didn't realize I misspelled a single word, I'm so sorry that my typing was at least readable, an not spelld lik dis er dattt, nn just addnn xtruh lettrzz 2 ma wurdz.

Edit: sorry for flooding your post, Koush. Great work!
26th February 2010, 07:56 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 193

3,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
on a serious note,
I have been thinking of making a minor tweak to ra-1.5.2 recovery
I noticed that . files don't get wiped from ext{2,3,4} but do get backed up
so my tweak would be to exclude files with the leading .

this way you could sym link /system/etc/hosts to [i]/system/sd/.hosts[i] and not clobber it when doing a nand restore.

no big deal but handy

PS , I was using /system/sd/.ubuntu as a chroot dir , but backups were taking longer and I was just tar -deteting .ubuntu from them after to 1/ save space 2/ not clobber

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread