This is an old thread. The newer version is found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...312#post586831
The following is kept for historical purposes.
Alright guys. Been working on this for a while, and I finally think it's worth showing.
Note: This is a preview, it's alpha and can be unstable at times.
This is a homescreen/lockscreen app I made, based off of the Windows Phone 7 Series Metro UI.
So far, you can:
- Set Phone, Text, Outlook, and People to a certain app
- See upcoming appointments on lock screen
- See information on live tiles
- Launch programs
1) Download installer at bottom of post.
2) Copy to device and install
3) Run wp7s.exe from start menu
4) To access settings, double tap on right side of screen
5) To lock, tap the top bar (near clock)
* Animations are sluggish at times.
* Problems with kinetic scrolling
* Unlock can unlock in any direction, not just up.
* ...need more feedback
VGA or WVGA device, QVGA is possible but looks bad.
Recommended: Snapdragon processor or at least a very new phone.
In the video/screenshot, one is the current weather in New York,
the second one is the current trending Twitter topics,
and the last two are random changing numbers.
Also, here are some examples I've made:
Random Number (for testing) - http://jaxbot.com/livetiles/random.php
Top 4 trending topics - http://jaxbot.com/livetiles/twitter.php
Weather - http://jaxbot.com/livetiles/weather.php?zipcode=[ZIPCODE]
More customization (background, etc)
Ability to rearrange icons
Social networking integration
Enjoy, and give me feedback.