Tattoo's Custom Recovery Image, Alpha Release
This first release includes:
- ADB enabled recovery
- ADB enabled root shell
- Accept update.zip signed with test keys
- All partitions mounted
- Custom recovery program (the last two options are stubs, not really working yet
- Included in /sbin: busybox, flash_image and BART
- I've not used BART and, at the moment, cannot attest if it works or not.
- Backup script in /sbin/backup.sh
- Restore script in /sbin/restore.sh
With this custom recovery you can now do a full backup of your unit, by dumping the mtd block devices to your sdcard. Afterwards, you can use flash_image to recover your Tattoo to it's previous state.
I'm releasing this image as is. This is not a point-and-click recovery tool. If you don't know what you're doing, you can seriously damage your unit. The only reason I'm releasing this is in an effort to provide other devs with a way to easily recover their units, back to day-to-day configuration, while experimenting with them.
Copy TCRI.alpha.img to /sdcard.
Run "flash_image recovery /sdcard/TCRI.alpha.img"
To reboot into recovery (quickest way)
adb reboot recovery
At some point, Android development became synonymous with being proficient with WinZip - Koush