ShortenMobile watches the clipboard of the device and automatically shortens the urls for you. The application can be set to run at start up and hides in the background. I developed this application cause of the lack of this functionality in HTC Peep.
Currently implemented url shortening services:
How to use:
- Install the cab file
- Open ShortenMobile from StartMenu
- Activate the switch "Run at startup"
- Click on Hide-Softkey
- Copy any url (including "http://" at the beginning) to the clipboard
- The shortened url is available in the clipboard after the confirmation dialog has been shown
- Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Please post any errors, ideas, or your favorite url shortening services.
- Completely refreshed user interface, which integrates flawlessly into the HTC Manila dialog style (thanks to Manila Interface SDK)
- Allows recognizing hyperlinks with missing "http://" prefix
- Fixed crash, when loading plugins (PluginInterface.DefaultPluginAttribute wasn't found in assembly PluginInterface)
- Added new service: anonym.to
- Startup is unsuccessful, when the application path contains whitespaces
- Changed some labels
- Added new shortening services: tinyurl.com, snipurl.com, is.gd
Found one minor bug. If you've upgraded from version 1.0, please uncheck and recheck the "Run at startup" checkbox. Otherwise an error message will occur after restart. (That's cause I've changed the installation folder and so the start up routine links to the wrong path.)