Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,151 Members 36,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 2.1 on Titan

Tip us?

xiton
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Android 2.1 on Titan

Wondering if anyone has been able to do this, and if not, if they'd be able to get this working on the device:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=619285

I tried a few things based on my limited knowledge, but I had no luck.

sd_matto
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I am trying the same thing as you are trying, only trying to get Android into the Mogul's internal memory (to replace WinMo), per the instructions found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636024

Would love any thoughts folks in the know might have.

RyanMogul
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
I am trying the same thing as you are trying, only trying to get Android into the Mogul's internal memory (to replace WinMo), per the instructions found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636024

Would love any thoughts folks in the know might have.
Yea only one really big problem with running NAND Android on the Mogul (Titan). That link is for the Touch (Vogue).

We are stuck with the SD method for now. And anything above 1.6 runs really slow.

PayPal Account not required to Donate.

Donaters please include your Forum Member Name for appreciation.

RM Contributions:

I am very sorry to anyone I have let down the past couple years. My Mother passed away from Cancer and then I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma shortly after. I got into remission once and it came back. I underwent a Stem Cell Transplant and relapsed again. Now getting radiation. Hope to be back. Thank you everyone for your patience, your thoughts, and your prayers. P.S. I am on Verizon nowadays running a LG G2!

xiton
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMogul6800 View Post
Yea only one really big problem with running NAND Android on the Mogul (Titan). That link is for the Touch (Vogue).

We are stuck with the SD method for now. And anything above 1.6 runs really slow.
Good to know. I was wondering at the speed of the higher versions on the Titan. I think it would be cool to dual boot one of your ROMs with a 1.6 build.

blkswanpres
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Is anyone working on a NAND Android for the Titan?

staticchmbr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i hope so... i got myns warm donut to work fine on my titan, but i had to do it from the sd card.. i figure all we need is a .nbh file, and we can nand this!

nyterage
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
I have mssmison's eclair v7 (android 2.1) running off my SD card at a decent speed, i was suprised. its just about as fast as mym's warm donut build. im running a custom default.txt file and the eclair zimage and it seems to work well, not the fastest (fastest is probably the 1.5 ion build) but it works.

intimidatorx31
Old
Thanks Meter 1
just outta curiosity (im a vogue user)

trying to help a friend with a mogul out.

You guys have a class 6 microsd? or is it class 4.
Speed ok with anything below a class 6 microsd?

Also did you guys partition it? ext2 or swap?

I really hope someone can add nand to the mogul.
Sero Premium 500 @ Sprint

nyterage
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
im using a old class 2 microSD card, slow as hell but it dosent run extremely slow, i partioned ext2 and it ran at decent speeds, i want a better SD card so i can really see how android would run on the mogul but i dont have the money to (odviously or i wouldnt be using such a out of date piece of hardware)

Marbieskarb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyterage View Post
I have mssmison's eclair v7 (android 2.1) running off my SD card at a decent speed, i was suprised. its just about as fast as mym's warm donut build. im running a custom default.txt file and the eclair zimage and it seems to work well, not the fastest (fastest is probably the 1.5 ion build) but it works.
Did you have to flash the NBH file to your phone to use this? If not could you post all the files you use?

I'm currently using the initial 1.5 version which is basic. It doesn't require flashing any files. All the files you need are just placed on the sd card.