The way it works is by cycling through the current notifications that in the system and flashing the trackball according to how each notification specifies their behavior.
If you see some odd behavior with Handcent it is expected as the default flashing rate has a light off period of 0, so you can change it to custom with a light off rate of 2000 to match that of GMail notifications. (as I have)
Special thanks to ChainsDD for some help today with general Android knowledge and I hope you all enjoy this. Please leave some comments and I will do my best to fix bugs and make improvements (Computer Science student at UCSD)
Root is required...
** Please read **
This enhancement should work on CM-5.0.5 as I have built the jar against his source. I don't guarantee it will work for the others.
Also, I cannot guarantee support for Desire roms. I know nothing about how the Desire is supposed to handle notifications. If HTC didn't try to do something fancy (read: stupid) with the notification code, then this will work as advertised. I have no plans to use or test this on a Desire ROM myself.
Like any other development project on this forum I will not be held responsible if this breaks your phone in any way. It only updates the services.jar from /system/framework so you should at worst only see boot loops.
If you are having issues:
- Please drop me a log in pastebin.
- Updated to use the new breathing light code. (Sorry for the long wait)
- Fixed to use the eclair branch code instead of donut
- Options for flashing while screen on, at all work now (eclair options)
- Fixed the sleeping issue. Should now work with the screen off.
- Hopefully a fix for the issue of the notifications not staying awake.
- More debugging output so people can get me some logs.
- Fix for multiple notifications of the same color.
- Initial version with succession
Please donate if you like my work. It helps keep me motivated and working hard on Android.
- Attached at the bottom.
- servicesv05.zip provided by me.
- others provided by RixKliq (post #225 but attached here)
How to install:
2) Rename download from servicesv05.zip to services.jar
3) Connect phone to computer.
4) adb remount
5) adb push services.jar /system/framework
6) adb reboot