Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia x2 gps

Tip us?

ivan_pp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia x2 gps

Hi Guys!

Does anybody have experience with X2 GPS.
I can't make it work with TomTom or iGO.
It works fine with Google and GPS Test, but TomTom and iGO say GPS not found.

Any ideas?

jogrr1989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What TOMTOM version do you use? In 7.9 there's an option called Other NMEA Receiver, when you select that it should detect your GPS automatically, and how long do you wait after selecting the device? Have you downloaded quickfix update?..sometimes it takes a while before it gets a signal..you can check if tomtom recognizes your GPS if the yellow/black ball is spinning at your GPS config
- Xperia X1 - EnergyRomz Addict -

elpro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It seems that the Copilot live works properly. I have the same issue with TomTom and Igo. I tried to change SYS on Igo, forcing COM4 port but seems disconnected.
If you select in TomTom the other NMEA GPS and set up the UART Serial Port, seems that the GPS work but it disconect each second...

Any Ideas??

bazsikar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_pp View Post
Hi Guys!

Does anybody have experience with X2 GPS.
I can't make it work with TomTom or iGO.
It works fine with Google and GPS Test, but TomTom and iGO say GPS not found.

Any ideas?
GPSGate solves the problem!

elpro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed the GpsGate 2.6 but once I start the phone, it seems that is working, but sometimes the apps crash and you need to restart the X2. I tried too in Safe Mode, but the result was negative.......... Some Idea??

microiden
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsikar View Post
GPSGate solves the problem!
I couldn't get it to work yesterday.
Today I installed the latest update from SonyEricsson, i then installed GpsGate 2.6.
After this it worked.

elpro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the update applied too, but seems the app crash..... I have the battery level down now, I will try to restart the service once I finish the charge. Until the crash, the GpsGate and Nvigation software (TomTom and IGO) works properly.
Thanks....

ivan_pp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogrr1989 View Post
What TOMTOM version do you use? In 7.9 there's an option called Other NMEA Receiver, when you select that it should detect your GPS automatically, and how long do you wait after selecting the device? Have you downloaded quickfix update?..sometimes it takes a while before it gets a signal..you can check if tomtom recognizes your GPS if the yellow/black ball is spinning at your GPS config
Thx for the advise!
Yes, the version is 7.9 and I have tried both built-in GPS and Other NMEA Receiver (with proper COM port) - no success!
I have waited long enough - I tried with Google and it was OK, plus I know how long it may take - I was using same version of TomTon on HTC Diamond, so...

Thanks anyway.

ivan_pp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpro View Post
I installed the GpsGate 2.6 but once I start the phone, it seems that is working, but sometimes the apps crash and you need to restart the X2. I tried too in Safe Mode, but the result was negative.......... Some Idea??
I tried the GPSGate and it seems that this might be the solution BUT... You need to run it manualy (not to run after soft reset) - in this case it seems that it works. This applies to version 2.5 since this is what I have.

Will continue testing.

og33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wink igo8 on x2

to make igo8 work you have to edit sys.txt file

[device]
type="alias_xperia"

[gps]
source="virtserial"

good luck