Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Make myTouch 32b Legal Up To Latest 1.6 DMD64

Tip us?

1gr8papa
Old
(Last edited by 1gr8papa; 15th January 2011 at 04:14 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Make myTouch 32b Legal Up To Latest 1.6 DMD64

This is a Step-by-Step fool proof guide to getting your T-Mobile myTouch 3g (32b) back to factory firmware with the ability to once again receive all official T-Mobile OTA (Over-The-Air) Updates.

*Note* There are two files named updated.zip that are both needed. We will keep them seperated by two folders needed at two totally different steps during installattion.The fisrt gets us back to 1.6 and the other gets us the newer radios for1.6...and Yes it works. Files are official....Nay-Sayers! LOL

*Note*
Optional SD Card Format
From the settings menu of the phone, Scroll down to "SD Card & phone storage." Press "Unmount SD Card." Next press "Format SD card." If you go this route you will have to reinstall all media you had on the SD Card, i.e. pics, music...etc

STEP 1

Create a Folder named ANDROID on the desktop. In that create 3 sub-folders. Name the 3 sub-folders in this order: Cupcake, Donut Update 1, Donut Update 2

STEP 2
You need a copy of SAPPIMG.img. It puts the phone back to the "Cupcake" or 1.5 Firmware Version.

Download it from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yezotmjyuww

Save it in the Cupcake folder you just created.

STEP 3
Plug your phone into your PC and click "USB Connected" on the Notification Tab, then mount image. Your PC can now read and write to your SD Card. Find your downloaded copy of SAPPING.img and copy it to your SD Card. Unmount, unplug and power off your phone.

STEP 4
Reboot phone into boot mode by holding down volume down key while pressing the power key. It should boot into HBOOT and automatically run the SAPPIMG.img you just copied onto the SD card Click. Follow the onscreen instructions to initiate the automated update. Use trackball to accept.
If it did not boot to HBOOT, read the screen and do what it says to "Reboot to HBOOT." From there everything else should once again be automated. Follow the onscreen instructions to initiate the automated update. Use trackball to accept. Once the update is done and it says "Installation Complete," reboot by pressing Home and Back buttons together.

STEP 5Once rebooted, do the initial setup. Once setup is complete, plug the phone back into the PC and re-mount the SD Card. It is safe to delete the SAPPIMG.img file from the SD Card now. You can also check to make sure the Firmware Version 1.5 is correct and installed by going to Settings-> About phone.

STEP 6You need to Download the second file needed named update.zip. It gets us back to Android 1.6

Download it from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t3zlwdzzqqx

Save it in Donut Update 1 folder. Once download is complete, copy the file update.zip to the SD Card like before. Unmount, unplug, and power off the phone.

STEP 7Reboot the phone into recovery mode by this time holding down the Home and Power buttons together this time. A picture with tirangle and phone will show press Home and Power again to get to the actual recovery screen. You now have 2 options to apply this update...either or:

*Note* Use trackball to navigate the cursor in this new menu

1. Apply update.zip from SD Card. This option will leave all user data that you previously put on the phone after the SAPPIMG install, i.e. Contacts, Apps, Settings...etc.

2. Wipe/Factory reset. This option will completely remove all user data from the phone. A clean slate if you will. If you choose this option, when the reset finishes, Make sure you do Option 1 Apply update.zip from SD Card. Once the update is done and it says "Installation Complete," reboot by pressing Home and Back buttons together.

STEP 8

Once rebooted, if you chose option 2 in the previous step you have to redo the initial setup. Plug the phone back into the PC and re-mount the SD Card. It is safe to delete the update.zip from the phone now. You can also check to make sure the Firmware Version 1.6 is correct and installed by going to Settings-> About phone.

STEP 9

You need to Download the third file needed named update.zip. It gets us back the latest radios.

Download it from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ojnnyrjzneg

Save it in Donut Update 2 folder. Once download is complete, copy the file update.zip to the SD Card like before. Unmount, unplug, and power off the phone.

STEP 10 = Finale
Reboot the phone into recovery mode by this time holding down the Home and Power buttons together this time. A picture with tirangle and phone will show press Home and Power again to get to the actual recovery screen. You now have 2 options to apply this update...either or:

*Note* Use trackball to navigate the cursor in this new menu

1. Apply update.zip from SD Card. This option will leave all user data that you previously put on the phone after the SAPPIMG install, i.e. Contacts, Apps, Settings...etc.
2. Wipe/Factory reset. This option will completely remove all user data from the phone. A clean slate if you will. If you choose this option, when the reset finishes, Make sure you do Option 1 Apply update.zip from SD Card. Once the update is done and it says "Installation Complete," reboot by pressing Home and Back buttons together.

Once rebooted, if you chose option 2 in the previous step you have to redo the initial setup. Plug the phone back into the PC and re-mount the SD Card. It is safe to delete the update.zip from the phone now. You can also check to make sure the Firmware Version 1.6 is correct and installed by going to Settings-> About phone. That is it!

Now you are good to go and are waitng for T-Mobile and their 2.0 or whatever other goodies they decide to throw or not to throw our way.

johannthecabbie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Didn't work for me. Step 4 did not install. Instead, it said "invalid signature"

sombionix
Old
Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Meter 2437

DONATE TO ME
Why was this posted? There are about a thousand other threads regarding how to 'unroot' your phone to factory defaults.
Follow Me On Twitter
Sombionix - Team Whiskey - Lead Developer/Founder
Samsung SGSIII

1gr8papa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombionix View Post
Why was this posted? There are about a thousand other threads regarding how to 'unroot' your phone to factory defaults.
So go look at another post! Just that simple.

jriv
Old
Thanks Meter 185
once you get to cupcake you can just wait a couple hours then you will get an ota update to update to doughnut and the newest radio so i dont see the point in doing all of this work when just isntall cupcake and wait
follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/j_riv86

Phateless
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Great thread! This is much better than waiting for the ota updates!
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST
outlawnunn Old
Thanks Meter
Question no ota to 1.6

I have been on 1.5 for 24hrs and no ota back yo 1.6?

M9x3mos
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Then follow the steps to manually flash the updates from here that is what o did.
Technically I think the updates are only if you have internet with tmobile and can take up to 72 hours.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using XDA App
SG4 - 4.4.2 Insane or WarpDrive rom MDL bootloader
SG3 - 4.3 TW rooted
HTC One S arround in a drawer somewhere for backup

Phateless
Old
(Last edited by Phateless; 15th October 2010 at 02:32 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawnunn View Post
I have been on 1.5 for 24hrs and no ota back yo 1.6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M9x3mos View Post
Then follow the steps to manually flash the updates from here that is what o did.
Technically I think the updates are only if you have internet with tmobile and can take up to 72 hours.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using XDA App
Never took me more than 24 hours.

Restoring data with mybackup or titanium backup can actually prevent the update from installing, so if you're not getting it, do a factory reset and don't install anything that isn't from the market until you've received your update.
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST

Akujin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Does this method also remove the Recovery?

Can I install just the stock rom but keep my recovery? If I do this, will it disable my ability to flash custom roms without re-exploiting the phone?
myTouch 4G Slide Black v1.0 - SPL: 1.44.1107 Revolutionary S-OFF
myTouch 3G Black v1.0 - SPL: hboot 1.33.0013d - Radio: 2.22.27.08 - ROM: cm-6.1.0-RC1-DS-2708port_S

Desktop: Q6600, 8GB DDR2, ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA, Asus Geforce GTX 470, Raid 0 SSDx2 Windows 7
Work Laptop: Asus G51J, i7 720QM, DDR3 8GB, Geforce GTS 360M 1GB, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB