[TOOL] Adbuix - A GUI for ADB on Linux. [v0.1.1 5/06/2010 UNSTABLE]
WARNING: THIS IS AN UNSTABLE BETA VERSION. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
UPDATE (January 10, 2011):
This project has not been abandoned, I've just been dealing with some personal things and haven't had time to work on this. My plan for Adbuix is to completely rewrite it using the GTK+ Toolkit or the Qt Toolkit (haven't decided which one) so that the program can run by itself without any dependencies and will be able to be complied for any operating system easily. This is going to take some time but it will definitely be worth it. So check back here, or check my website for updates. Thanks!
Adbuix is a Graphic User Interface (GUI) for the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) on the Linux Operating System.
It eliminates the work of remembering commands or typing out directory paths when using ADB to modify files on your Android device.
Take this command for an example:
#adb -s emulator-5554 push /home/user/Desktop/Application.apk /system/app/Application.apk
That is a command that you would have to type out in a terminal to copy an application from your computer desktop to your Android device.
With Adbuix, you click the file you want to copy, click the folder you want to copy it to, and click the copy button. It's that easy!
- When using the program with an emulator instead of an actual device, in the file manager, folders have file icons instead of folders, but everything works as expected.
- Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) - Crashes with a "segmentation fault".
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) - Works fine.
- Ubuntu 10.04 BETA 1 (Lucid Lynx) - Works fine.
- HTC Dream w/ CyanogenMod - Works fine.
- HTC Tattoo w/ Stock Rom - Works fine.
- HTC Tattoo w/ Open Eclair - Works fine.
- Partition Manager
- Shell Console
- Image Flashing
- Rom Flashing
- Rythmbox Integration
- Much Much More...
(Released 5/06/2010) (UNSTABLE)
(Right Click, Save Link As...)
Adbuix Updater Bash Script v1.0.1:
(Right Click, Save Link As...)
How to Install
Download the Adbuix Debian Package above and run it. Adbuix should be added to your main programs menu under "Other".
How to Update
Open up a terminal and type "/usr/share/adbuix/update.sh", or just download the package again.
 v0.1.1 - 5/06/2010 - 376.4KB
- Fixed bug where program would crash when started if logs folder wasn't there. (Thanks HorusUK)
 v0.1.0 - 4/25/2010 - 376.3KB
- Added menu bar on main window.
- Added buttons for some future features in the main window.
- Added shutdown function to reboot window.
- Added logging system.
- Added device log import system.
- Added "Discuss Adbuix" menu option.
- Added "Author" tab in about window.
- Changed main window look.
- Changed reboot window look.
- Fixed "restart server & refresh" button crash bug.
- Fixed desktop shortcut name and icon.
- Disabled "Check for updates" feature until I fix it.
- Disabled "Online Help" feature until I finish the help page.
Official changelog here: http://kodieg.com/dl/adbuix_changelog.txt
Click to enlarge.
Thank you for trying out my program. Please feel free to reply in this thread any comments, suggestions, questions, bug reports, ect. and i will respond to you as soon as i can.
Device: HTC Wildfire S (MarvelC)
Rom: CyanogenMod 10.0 Unoffical by po1vo
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 Unofficial