Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Eris 2.1 leak!

Tip us?

asterboter
Old
(Last edited by asterboter; 4th March 2010 at 07:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Droid Eris 2.1 leak!

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=641588
So, some chinaman working for HTC decided to bless us all with some Eclairy goodness, complete with drivers and all! If I'm not completely mistaken this should be very possible to port over to the Hero, so let's see you take your best swing at it, devs, you can do it! I'm even going to try it for myself, I'll post it if I can get it to work (Mind you I'm no experienced dev, but I'll give it a shot anyway, can't wait for a flawless 2.1)
DISCLAIMER: Do NOT flash the rom in the thread, it will brick your phone. (I didn't flash it, just thought I'd say it since some people don't seem to tell the difference between hero, sprint hero and eris)
edit: apparently the first link is corrupt. There is, however, a patched version later in the thread. Here's a direct link: hxxp://grense.no/android/android.2.1.droid.eris/PB00IMG.zip (Don't flash this one either)

gmmorris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Brilliant.
Maybe Nathan can use this to straiten out Villain?

tron13
Old
Thanks Meter 8
NATHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

LOOK here...

nprussell
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 362
I downloaded the Eris 2.1 leak when I woke up at 6am...

[B]Follow me on Twitter - @nprussell

wuthton
Old
(Last edited by wuthton; 4th March 2010 at 08:23 AM.) Reason: Grammer
Thanks Meter 0
Who thinks these leaks are endorsed by HTC as a backdoor to public beta testing, no strings attached? Remember the 2.73 build "leaked" about a month before public release.

furrypotato
Old
Thanks Meter 137
So the Eris is that close to our hardware that it can be ported then ?

Good news all round I imagine, both for Sense ROM's and AOSP ROM's.
There will be some busy chefs over the next few days, and a hell of a lot of flashing going on
Z2 Vanir

nprussell
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 362
Yeah - very close indeed.

I'm annoyed that I have plans on Friday night, so I don't have a lot of time to do it over the next couple of days.

I'll get around to it Saturday at the latest.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,430

DONATE TO ME
Can't believe this has been deliberately corrupted that is awesome (as a joke). I would not be surprised at all if HTC have leaked this on purpose, companies do that all the time (including music companies) however they would never admit it.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

nprussell
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 362
I asked head office for a leak of the 2.1 Hero rom last week. Broken or not broken... I'd fix it.

They completely ignored me!

A rom thread with almost 400,000 views and they ignore me - lol.

Anyway, we have something now.

I just wish I had the time over the next couple of days to port it. Someone might beat me to it, but by Saturday, I'm hoping it'll be Villain 3.0 FINAL.

asterboter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
Can't believe this has been deliberately corrupted that is awesome (as a joke). I would not be surprised at all if HTC have leaked this on purpose, companies do that all the time (including music companies) however they would never admit it.
There is an uncorrupted version in the thread, people have flashed it to their Droid Eris(es) and it apparently works just fine :P