Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to push files through ADB

OP rulermon

5th March 2010, 06:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 33

54 posts
More
Prerequisites have...
A:android-sdk-windows installed
B: (on your phone) go to menu>settings>applications>developement and make sure usb debugging is checked.
C: the file you are pushing must be placed in the tools folder of adb so if you are pushing file "build.prop.txt" this needs to be downloaded/copy and pasted in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
1: go to run and type cmd (or just open your command prompt)
2: cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
3: adb remount
4: adb devices *if everything is set up right this should output a serial number*
5: adb push FFFFFFF.FFF /#####/###### *i hope my notes help here you need to put the file name in for the F(s) and in the pound signs you put the destination on the devices example adb push build.prop.txt /system/bin
6. repeat step 3 for multiple files
7. adb reboot this is how you finish
Last edited by rulermon; 5th March 2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: forgot steps/revising
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to rulermon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2010, 07:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 12

499 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usadevil7193

hi mate...i m new to android..i own a nexus1..hav rooted without unlockin d bootloader..i am tryin to push d track ball to wake mod...evry time i type adb remount it says permission denied..any ideas to get things workin...???????

Welcome to XDA and Android! Are you trying to get help for your Nexus One? This forum here is specifically for the HTC Hero CDMA.

You will probably find better and more specific help in the Nexus One forums which are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=556
28th August 2010, 12:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Great post, very easy to follow, thank you.
15th November 2010, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
yea I'm trying to do this, over and over, but with not luck. i have sdk on my pc and im running the cmd prompt to run adb remount & devices and its not picking up the phone, wth is going on, plz help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeybonez28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2011, 07:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
this also works for the samsung Galaxy S in recovery mode.
21st February 2011, 12:13 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 47

837 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybonez28

yea I'm trying to do this, over and over, but with not luck. i have sdk on my pc and im running the cmd prompt to run adb remount & devices and its not picking up the phone, wth is going on, plz help

mine shows up but then says error, device offline
Last edited by dragonrazorz; 21st February 2011 at 12:59 AM.
5th May 2011, 05:25 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 321

2,128 posts
More
hi, i have adb recognizing my phone, but i still can't seem to push the files over.... every time i try, i get 'cannot stat 'su' : No such file or directory'. i have made sure over and over to put the files in the same folder where adb is.... actually i have tried placing the files in the tools folder, as well as the platform-tools folder, and i keep getting that error when i try to push anything.

any suggestions? thx
28th May 2011, 06:16 AM   |  #8  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2010

hi, i have adb recognizing my phone, but i still can't seem to push the files over.... every time i try, i get 'cannot stat 'su' : No such file or directory'. i have made sure over and over to put the files in the same folder where adb is.... actually i have tried placing the files in the tools folder, as well as the platform-tools folder, and i keep getting that error when i try to push anything.

any suggestions? thx

i had the same issue with something i was trying to push. I think you need to make sure you have exactly the same file name like caps and all. i was trying to push rootexplorer.apk and i got the same message but i then changed it to RootExplorer.apk and it work.(notice the difference in caps)
28th May 2011, 01:42 PM   |  #9  
Flag canton ga
Thanks Meter: 151

1,663 posts
More
just watch this and it'll explain everything.

http://www.youtube.com/xdadevelopers
13th July 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

121 posts
Unhappy
Does it matter where sdk is installed my file path is
C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools
instead of
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools.
I just installed it in the default location.
I type adb remount and get the not recognised command.....
Thanks.
I don't think my phone is being picked up?
Last edited by {LCD}Stelios; 13th July 2011 at 03:34 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread