Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Using Bluetooth headset and headphone socket

OP tomallen35

8th March 2010, 09:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Sorry if this has been asked before, but i had a look and couldn't find what i'm after.

Basically, my HD2 connects automatically to my car's bluetooth handsfree kit. My handsfree kit doesn't support A2DP so I still need to use the headphone socket to listen to music from the phone through the stereo. However, if the phone has paired with the car, the headphone socket doesn't work and the stereo thinks I'm getting a call when i try and play music.

Is there any way I can enable music through the headphone socket while the phone is paired to the handsfree kit?

Thanks!
Last edited by tomallen35; 8th March 2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typo
19th March 2010, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
More
anyone? it's really annoying!
19th March 2010, 05:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

76 posts
This may not be the answer your looking for but have you tried cutting out the middle man i.e. the BT handsfree kit. Just use your phone and it'll patch a call thru the headphones and cancel the music.

Saves removing the headphones each time you get a call.
19th March 2010, 10:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

1,696 posts
More
In BT manager, when you select your car device, what services do you have? If there's a stereo one, untick it.
19th March 2010, 04:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
More
Nope, just the headset profile. I've also tried turning on/off the option to send system sounds over bluetooth, but no joy. It just seems that as soon as it connects to the car, the headphone socket is disabled.....
19th March 2010, 10:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
More
OK, so I think the problem was either the tape adapter I was trying to use was playing up or during my messing about with settings I changed something.... either way it appears to be ok with headphones so should be fine with a line in
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, handsfree, headphone, music
Previous Thread Next Thread