Using Bluetooth headset and headphone socket

Tip us?

tomallen35
Old
(Last edited by tomallen35; 8th March 2010 at 08:34 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Using Bluetooth headset and headphone socket

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i had a look and couldn't find what i'm after.

Basically, my HD2 connects automatically to my car's bluetooth handsfree kit. My handsfree kit doesn't support A2DP so I still need to use the headphone socket to listen to music from the phone through the stereo. However, if the phone has paired with the car, the headphone socket doesn't work and the stereo thinks I'm getting a call when i try and play music.

Is there any way I can enable music through the headphone socket while the phone is paired to the handsfree kit?

Thanks!

tomallen35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone? it's really annoying!

stevefwt
Old
Thanks Meter 14
This may not be the answer your looking for but have you tried cutting out the middle man i.e. the BT handsfree kit. Just use your phone and it'll patch a call thru the headphones and cancel the music.

Saves removing the headphones each time you get a call.

kilrah
Old
Thanks Meter 5
In BT manager, when you select your car device, what services do you have? If there's a stereo one, untick it.
Samsung Galaxy S3 32GB
Revolution HD V11

tomallen35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nope, just the headset profile. I've also tried turning on/off the option to send system sounds over bluetooth, but no joy. It just seems that as soon as it connects to the car, the headphone socket is disabled.....

tomallen35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK, so I think the problem was either the tape adapter I was trying to use was playing up or during my messing about with settings I changed something.... either way it appears to be ok with headphones so should be fine with a line in
Tags
bluetooth, handsfree, headphone, music