Search This thread

APBilbo

Aug 28, 2007
Madrid
1.0 Version already out!!!

Official ThrottleLauncher release Thread

--------------------------

Hi everyone!!

After a lot of work in the last month, I'm proud to show you a little demo video of the upcomming ThrottleLauncher 1.0.

Between many other improvements ThrottleLauncher 1.0 uses 3d hardware acceleration with OpenGL (for devices supporting it ofcourse) and includes a lot of new features like MNG and APNG animations support. The new version includes a new theme designed for VGA/wVGA resolution (qVGA and wqVGA is also supported).

I hope to release at the end of this week, or the begining of the next one.

WATCH VIDEO

The video shows TL 1.0 working on an HD2 (openGL powered), Touch2, Omnia and Diamond (openGL powered).

Let me know what you think!!!

FAQs

- Will it work in...
It will work in any WM5 or greatter device. Including the new WM6.5.X builds. NET.CF 2.0 or greatter is also required.
- Does my device support OpenGL?, how do I know if it does?
If your device is HTC and has Touchflo3D as the main UI it does support OpenGL. If it's non HTC device, but it is VGA or wVGA it probably also does support OpenGL (Xperia, Omnia II, etc).
- Will it only work with OpenGL....
No, it also works with GDI based rendering (available in all the devices).
- I want to beta test....
I really apreciate your offering, but right now I already have a group of (great) beta testers working in TL. Although I plan to get more beta testers for further versions ;). Thank you!
- When will it be available....
there's still not fixed date for the release jet... Still working to get the best in the least time :).
- How fast is it working in....
It's really fast in HD2. I've also tested and get reports about other devices and it's also quite fast in Xperia, Diamond (wich may include other devices with the same processor like the touch pro). It's not as fast, but usable, in Touch2. In other devices it might be a little bit laggy (like the Omnia in the video). In older devices (like Herald or other OMAP 850 powered) it's laggy but usable (IMHO).
- Will TL contain all that's shown in the video?
TL will include all the widget, and also some more options for the contacts (only show favorites, detail view, etc). It will not include the weather animations by default (due to it's large size, 40 MB aprox), but it will be eassily instalable (3 steps).

Last edited:

JaCoL_JcL

Apr 17, 2009
wow this one looks great! All in one! I really like this weather wiget! And nice to have 2 levels of screens - nice idea !

But how many MB of Ram eat? Any chance to get this info on Omnia i900?

APBilbo

Aug 28, 2007
Madrid
wow this one looks great! All in one! I really like this weather wiget! And nice to have 2 levels of screens - nice idea !

But how many MB of Ram eat? Any chance to get this info on Omnia i900?

Thanks!

It's not 2 levels... It's N!! As much as you wish :). Yo make new pages when moving the widgets.

About the memory. Depends on the widgets you use. Animations for weather use much RAM for example, but you have the option of using the widget without animations.

The app it self without widgets in an Omnia (non 3D aceleration) may take arround 5 MB or RAM. With the load of widgets shown in the video it can take arround 7 MB. With the animated weather it could go up to 11/13.

Jaime Méndez

Oct 24, 2006
Hi everyone!!

After a lot of work in the last month, I'm proud to show you a little demo video of the upcomming ThrottleLauncher 1.0.

Between many other improvements ThrottleLauncher 1.0 uses 3d hardware acceleration with OpenGL (for devices supporting it ofcourse) and includes a lot of new features like MNG and APNG animations support. The new version includes a new theme designed for VGA/wVGA resolution (qVGA and wqVGA is also supported).

Hi, It seems you've already managed to have a hightly profesional version.
Congratulations!!! Well done.;)

Saludos.

acidhax

Apr 1, 2009
Ontario
Looks very well done. I can't wait to try it out. By any chance, do you know which resolutions you support? SQVGA 320x320 possibly?

chelsea_fc

Sep 15, 2007
Jakarta
nice :D, hope you overlap the bottombar in wm 6.5.x version, no need the bottombar as the start launcher and softkeys can be map by hardware button. great work

APBilbo

Aug 28, 2007
Madrid
nice :D, hope you overlap the bottombar in wm 6.5.x version, no need the bottombar as the start launcher and softkeys can be map by hardware button. great work

Yes, it's posible to replace the bottom bar in the new wm 6.5.x versions :).

Looks very well done. I can't wait to try it out. By any chance, do you know which resolutions you support? SQVGA 320x320 possibly?

Thank you!

ThrottleLauncher is not resolution dependant so it works in any screen resolution. The problem could be the theme and DPI configuration... I think it will work ;). I'll check in an emulator though.

Hi, It seems you've already managed to have a hightly profesional version.
Congratulations!!! Well done.;)

Saludos.

Thanks! :)

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
Looks great!

But the frame rates still seem kind of laggy on anything other than the HD2. :(

I don't get how HTC manages to get Manila to scroll so smoothly on devices like the Diamond and Touch Pro- I hate its lack of customization, but no other alternative today screen plugins seem to be as smooth.
I'm starting to just accept that my hardware (Rhodium) will never be fast enough for a smooth Windows Mobile animation experience. Back to HomeScreen++ for me until I get a snapdragon, I guess... :/

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
Wow that is smooth... The HD2 is without a doubt the current WinMo champion. Is that still C#?

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007
:eek: I just cant wait for this new version !
I have an X1 too and I have been refreshing your site every minute since you said you were working on an OpenGL accelerated version.
Now we have an ETA, and I wish I could sleep til' then ;)

jamasbond7

Jul 17, 2006
Search widget

Will this launcher include search widget like SPB Mobile Shell? If yes, it would be great if your launcher allows one to configure which search engine one (Bing or Google or Yahoo) can use for that search widget.

okan22

Mar 9, 2009
Milan
one thing maybe it's implemented but in the version that i have it i can't find it

for example i want to add a program icons as a shortcut like task manager

is it possible to rename it ??
like only task ?? i found only the possibility to show or not shown the name!!

great version hope to see it soon

arley12

Sep 2, 2007
@Xperiamen

With my Xperia X1 runs really great;), I have the honor to be a betatester:):)

lucienium

Mar 1, 2009
Which OpenGL version does this support? I think Omnia 2 (i8000) only supports OpenGLES 1.1 and 2.0 and not 1.0. It will be great if this was based on either of the 2 versions Omnia 2 supports. :)

Boxersox

Mar 13, 2009
Looks bloody good. Nice and smooth.

..and thanks heaps for including support for older devices. Sure it is sweet on the HD2, but not all of us can afford one. SO thanks again for all your work.

Looking forward to this release.