Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mytouch 3g 3.5mm 32A

Tip us?

SuperMiguel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Mytouch 3g 3.5mm 32A

Can some one help me understand this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Full_Update_Guide_-_G1/Dream/Magic32A_Firmware_to_CyanogenMod
CAUTION: Rooting the new MyTouch3G Fender LE or MyTouch 1.2 (phones with a 3.5mm headphone jack on top) requires a different process. Be careful not to mistake flashing instructions for regular 32As which do not take into account this new hardware (these devices appear to be hybrid 32A/32B boards, thus ordinary methods will result in the touchscreen not working). It is possible to get root, but there are no custom ROMs as of February 2010. Two threads at XDA here and here explain the situation further. This is an evolving issue; please be patient with developers.
For standard 32As, 'rooting' usually doesn't rely on any exploit per se, because most 32A Magics are shipped with a fastboot compatible SPL installed. If you see the "3 skateboarding Androids" screen when you boot to fastboot (Volume Down + Power), you should be able to do the following:
I have the 3.5mm 32A but i also see the "3 skateboarding androids.. so can i follow this steps or not?

civicsi89
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post

I have the 3.5mm 32A but i also see the "3 skateboarding androids.. so can i follow this steps or not?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623141
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622530
These will tell you what you need to do.

Here are a few ports that have been made.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=641429
MyTouch 1.2 Black|Black Themed Roms
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=643476

HTC Sensation 4G|Stock

hol17
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:

Quote:
CAUTION: Rooting the new MyTouch3G Fender LE or MyTouch 1.2 (phones with a 3.5mm headphone jack on top) requires a different process.
Read what you quoted. On any phone with Android (ANY PHONE), they have the 'skating' droids. Don't think just because that picture is there that the process is the same.
HTC Magic (G1) >> Galaxy S >> Galaxy Nexus >> Nexus 4 >> Z1 Compact

[ROM]: RomAur v3.0
[KERNEL]: DooMKernel v17

zeeshanzc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default nope you cant

Nope you can't follow that guide as far as I understand what the person is trying to say is that if you have the 32a with 3.5mm on top than you need to use a different method to root evebthough you might see the Android on skateboard as the person described this is a hybrid of 32a and we all noe that 32a spl is the one with fastboot enabled which is the Android on skateboard

SuperMiguel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
well by reading those links there isnt a need to root the new mytouch..

Binary100100
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well by reading those links there isnt a need to root the new mytouch..
I think that you need to search and read more.

I have the MyTouch with 3.5 mm jack and now I'm running a ported version of Stokes 2.1 Eclair rom. Not only that but I also have it themed. There are a few things that aren't working but I certainly prefer having eclair with no bluetooth and video than stock. But that's just me.
Device(s) Info:

HTC Amaze 4G :
Energy ICS | Rooted | SIM Unlocked | HBOOT-1.93.2222 JuopunutBear S-OFF | Recovery 4ext | Kernel: HTC Stock

HTC EVO View 4G:
[ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 1 (HC) | hboot 6.14.5556 | Revolutionary S-OFF | TWRP 1.0.3 Port

Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant (unlocked) :
FFC v2 Mod
| Bionix NextGen 2 | Kernel: OverStock 2.4.1 | KB5 Modem | ClockworkMod Recovery

SuperMiguel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
how well/bad does 2.1 work on the mytouch?

Binary100100
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
how well/bad does 2.1 work on the mytouch?
As I said, it isn't 100% yet but I'm using it and it has rebooted my phone a couple of times (literally like twice). Bluetooth doesn't work, 3D doesn't work, Launcher2 doesn't work, live wallpapers don't work (some third party from Market does), a2sd doesn't work (but you don't really need it) and swap didn't work for me without adding a script to phoneprioritizer.

Other than all of that Stokes Eclair 2.1 runs beautifully on my MyTouch and I average 13000 or so on BenchmarkPi.
Device(s) Info:

HTC Amaze 4G :
Energy ICS | Rooted | SIM Unlocked | HBOOT-1.93.2222 JuopunutBear S-OFF | Recovery 4ext | Kernel: HTC Stock

HTC EVO View 4G:
[ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 1 (HC) | hboot 6.14.5556 | Revolutionary S-OFF | TWRP 1.0.3 Port

Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant (unlocked) :
FFC v2 Mod
| Bionix NextGen 2 | Kernel: OverStock 2.4.1 | KB5 Modem | ClockworkMod Recovery

SuperMiguel
Old
(Last edited by SuperMiguel; 10th March 2010 at 02:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
mine does it in 17905

lightninbug
Old
Thanks Meter 1131
ok so can someone please post a link or something on how to root the new mytouch with the 3.5mm 32a with the correct instructions starting from stock?