Cross Compiler) to compile my native apps. So since I can build my apps on my Linux server, I wanted to figure out how to build the CAB installer on the server ... And here it is:
- Install WINE
- Download the Microsoft Cabinet Software Development Kit
- Download CABWIZ (Its included in QuickCAB). Copy CABWIZ.EXE and CABWIZ.DDF to a new folder.
- Extract MAKECAB.EXE from cabsdk.exe, rename it to all lower case and put it in the same folder
- Create your cabwiz INF file (See MSDN CABWIZ Information File). For SourceDisksNames path, use .
- Run CABWIZ using the following syntax: wine cabwiz.exe appname.inf /compress
I have a Linux server running at my home that I use mostly for file storage among other things (like an Asterisk PBX). I keep ALL of my code on my server so that I can get to it from anywhere. That being said, I use MinGW32CE (part of the
Last edited by dj13241; 9th March 2010 at 07:09 PM.