HOW TO: Teather with AT&T Tilt 2
I thought I would post a quick how-to on getting a stock ROM WM 6.5 Tilt 2 to teather. I appologize if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything myself.
I chose to use a USB connection to teather because connecting over Wifi or Bluetooth drains phone and laptop battery. USB will keep the Tilt 2 at a decent temperature and charge.
1. Open your registry editor (or download one if you don't have one) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
2. ForceCellConnection should be set to "AT&T ISP". Change the value to to "Media NET".
3. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable.
4. Navigate to the "Internet Sharing" app on your start menu. (If you don't have a shortcut on your start menu, the program is located in the Windows root folder.)
5. Select USB from the drop-down menu and click connect.
6. You are now ready to surf the web.
**I am not responsible for any damages or charges incurred by using this mod.
-If this doesn't work on your first try, you may need to soft reset the device.