FORUMS

Is there an alternate way to turn off the screen?

3,201 posts
Thanks Meter: 164

By david1171, Senior Member on 12th March 2010, 03:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
In short, my power button is jacked up and at moment due to car troubles I have zero monies to even attempt to call HTC and see if they can do anything about it.

So I would like to know, is there an app that will allow other hardware buttons to power off the screen, or at least make a widget or something on the homescreen to power the phone off?

At the moment I am keyguard disabler to bypass using the power button to cut on the screen, but can't really do anything to cut the screen off.

I will work some on seeing if I can modify the keylayouts, but if anyone else knows anything, any help would be greatly appreciated.

12th March 2010, 05:15 AM |#2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 15

More
only problem i see with the widget use is that once the screen is off, how would you turn it back on... remapping the hardware buttons would work, but then you wouldnt need a widget...

in the meantime just set the timeout on the screen to something small... just an idea i guess...
12th March 2010, 05:17 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palosjr

only problem i see with the widget use is that once the screen is off, how would you turn it back on... remapping the hardware buttons would work, but then you wouldnt need a widget...

in the meantime just set the timeout on the screen to something small... just an idea i guess...

I use keyguard disabler which then I can use the trackball to cut it on and yeah, when I'm at work, I just cut it to 15 seconds so it doesn't stay on forever whenever I need to check the time.
12th March 2010, 08:58 AM |#4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645481
may help.
13th March 2010, 08:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
I do agree with the shorting the awake time. I did this to change mine to 5 seconds. I installed lock 2.0 and then changed the settings to 5 seconds, rebooted and then uninstall lock 2.0. If for some reason I need the screen on longer to read web or email I use stay awake app. I have stay awake in the status bar. I haven't had good luck with the apps that make the screen stay awake like keyscreen and screeble.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)