Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] AutoKiller minfree manager, will make your phone fly again

Tip us?

ratson
Old
(Last edited by ratson; 15th September 2010 at 10:51 PM.) Reason: added App prefix
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Lightbulb [App] AutoKiller minfree manager, will make your phone fly again

AutoKiller

This app is designed to help make your phone run mutch smoother by configuring systems internal memory management routines.
It also features a full-powered process manager which lets you control your whole system.

Features:

- process manager
- simple/advanced mode
- presets
- shortcuts to presets
- settings reapply on boot (no init file hacking, i use a service)
- pages/mb views
- statistics

i plan to add a few more features, your feedback is welcome.

reported to work on:

-Nexus One
-Hero
-Spica
-G1
-MyTouch/Magic/G2
-Liquid
-Milestone/Droid
-Behold II
-IE 6010
-I 7500
-LG GW620
-Pulse
-XT800

official homepage has a lot more info.

Thank you for your support, and for your kind donations thus far.

If you like my work, and can afford to donate a couple of dollars to buy me a beer, please use the link below!

rs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ratson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccunningham83
Old
(Last edited by ccunningham83; 24th March 2010 at 07:12 PM.) Reason: Tested.
Thanks Meter 0
Seems to make a bigger difference on resource hogs like the Sense UI. I tried it running MoDaCo's Desire ROM and it seemed to be faster. I don't notice as much of a difference on Cyanogen ROM's. I am still keeping it installed, even running CM. It hasn't given me any problems and the phone does seem pretty snappy (Although not much better than before, with the Desire exception).
Nexus Devices Only

ratson
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccunningham83 View Post
Now maybe it is just me, but in your "reported to work on:" section in your post, it never mentions the Nexus One. That is kind of important when you are posting in the "Nexus One" sub-forum.
you are right, of course i wouldn't post it here if it couldn't run on N1
post is fixed now.

seanowns
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Been using this the day I got my Nexus One. Does it work? I have no idea! I have no reference points to compare it with.

It's small though and certainly isnt causing any problems. Worst case it does nothing, oh well, best case it helps alot. Pretty sure thats a no-lose scenario.

Devastatin
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Shouldn't these types of things be posted here?

bmj1086
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul22000 View Post
Incoming flood of posts about "killing apps is bad for your phone"
And I guess I'll be the one to start.

Read my signature. 39 apps running and 0 apps running have the same responsiveness. Killing apps does nothing but free unneeded RAM.

McFroger3
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbestcrayon View Post

Read my signature. 39 apps running and 0 apps running have the same responsiveness. Killing apps does nothing but free unneeded RAM.
Task Killers are needed, just not what some people are using them for. For example, the speedtest.net app has a bug where when you back out of the app, it still uses your gps draining your battery, having a task killer will allow you to close that program without having to reboot your phone.

Verizon Galaxy Note 3:
Stock

Phone History:
Nokia 5110-> Motorola Razr v3-> Sidekick 3-> iPhone 2g-> iPhone 3g-> Nokia 2610-> Black Jack 2-> Sidekick LX 2009-> Motorola Cliq-> T-Mobile G1-> Nexus One-> T-Mobile G2x-> HTC Rezound-> Verizon Galaxy Note 3

bmj1086
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFroger3 View Post
Task Killers are needed, just not what some people are using them for. For example, the speedtest.net app has a bug where when you back out of the app, it still uses your gps draining your battery, having a task killer will allow you to close that program without having to reboot your phone.
Lol that's funny because that app is the only reason I use a task killer. It is definitely needed for killing apps with bugs but not for keeping apps out of the RAM for no reason.

Paul22000
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbestcrayon View Post

A bit misleading....

I thought the video showed someone with 39 apps running comparing to 0 apps running.

=\