5,600,919 Members 42,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]2010.05.04-ADW.Launcher, now with... a lot of things

Tip us?

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 71
You can do that but developer recommends not to. Better is to go into CM performance setting and lock home in ran (not sure of exact name but it is something like that)

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using XDA Premium App
Galaxy Nexus
ROM:SlimKat

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.

Rogers Magic
Recovery: ??
SPL: SPL 1.76.2007
Radio: 6.35.16.19
ROM: ??
Only use this phone for my XBMC remote
I keep needing this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=717874

Rogers Dream - with root
Dead battery, my kids get to use it as a toy phone now

amiraras
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question Update requested!!!

Hi,

Request:
Is there a way you can come with an update which can keep the phone app and its service related stuffs in the memory to have it run "a lot quicker" (Just like the home or massaging app that can be kept in memory!!!)

Reason:
Try this for yourself and see...

As long as I use the original "Gingerbread Launcher" in my Mytouch 3g gingreyoshi 1.2 (2.3.4) my <phone app> pops up anywhere between <instantly to 2 seconds> (Fully).
BUT as soon as I switch to your ADW-EX Launcher it takes anywhere between 3-5 Seconds to load up (Fully).

My Understanding was:
Your Launcher is far more complete and heavier than the "Stuck Gingerbread Launcher"; causing the system to force Close the phone app and its related services like "Android Core Apps" service and such!!!

Solution:
Trying to keep the phone app and its related services in the memory to keep it from getting killed by the system.

Conclusion:
Your Launcher will be remained the best.

Appreciated,
Amir.

MoreYummy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So the game would kill the ADW apps?

discos7u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to organise apps/icons within a folder? I like to keep them in order A-Z - but if I install a new app it looks like I have to just start again...

Any ideas?

Cheers!

ritalin
Old
Thanks Meter 75
So a friend of mine talked me into coming back to ADW after a stint with LP.

I will admit that ADW Ex feels much more nimble now and I am very happy with that.

I have a problem though.
I run MIUI for my rom and LOVE its theme function. Every part of the theme transfers into ADW except the Icons. It really kind of bugging me that half of my icons are themed properly and the other half get switched to ADWs default icons. This did not use to happen. It seems as though version 1.3.3 broke something.

Is there a any way to change this back, or maybe just add the function to not use ANY ADW Icon themes?

Here is the MIUI thread discussing this.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?730-MIUI-and-ADW
Help start the discussion for patent reform.
https://defendinnovation.org/

devil-77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello,

i use ADW EX Launcher and i could not find any option to dissable the label background for the icon text on homescreen.
Can anybody help with this?

isotoper
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi,
How do I control the animation speed of launching an application ?
When can I find it in the settings ?

Thanks!

gandalf15
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ADWLauncher EX 1.3.3 on Desire Z (stock 2.3.3) not workig propertly
issues
phone reboots every 1-2h, widgets freeze,

and sugestion
category in appdrawer totaly unapplicable, it works very slow, names of category are visible 2-3s to late (i'm in category names 'dddd' and i can see a label from category 'aaaa')
more usefull are folders (for example like go launcher)

Javi22
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Can I make suggestions for this great app here? Ok lets try...: You can think about making a tasker plugin that choose what group of apps show on apps list. Do you understand....? I mean, include tasker integration for the groups of app list

nepotu
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalin View Post
So a friend of mine talked me into coming back to ADW after a stint with LP.

I will admit that ADW Ex feels much more nimble now and I am very happy with that.

I have a problem though.
I run MIUI for my rom and LOVE its theme function. Every part of the theme transfers into ADW except the Icons. It really kind of bugging me that half of my icons are themed properly and the other half get switched to ADWs default icons. This did not use to happen. It seems as though version 1.3.3 broke something.

Is there a any way to change this back, or maybe just add the function to not use ANY ADW Icon themes?

Here is the MIUI thread discussing this.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?730-MIUI-and-ADW
I second this. I've been using MIUI ROM for a while with the normal ADW Launcher (free version) and I've been able to theme icons through MIUI Theme manager, but since I've upgraded to ADW Launcher Ex it's no longer possible to do so. Is there any workaround to overcome this or we should wait for an updated ADW Ex version?