Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What would you rather have?
Touch Pro3 this summer 174 68.24%
Windows Phone 7 this winter 81 31.76%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Touch Pro3

OP LocDogg

14th March 2010, 12:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 0

91 posts
More
Just had a dinner with a friend of mine who is the main distributor for HTC in Europe, and he informed that they will receive the first shipment of Touch Pro3's this summer and they will be on sale in Europe third quarter of this year. This is my main contact for HTC devices and he arranges a Touch Pro2 for me 4 months before it was officially released...He told me that the device will be much smaller and thinner, and soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?
14th March 2010, 01:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDogg

Just had a dinner with a friend of mine who is the main distributor for HTC in Europe, and he informed that they will receive the first shipment of Touch Pro3's this summer and they will be on sale in Europe third quarter of this year. This is my main contact for HTC devices and he arranges a Touch Pro2 for me 4 months before it was officially released...He told me that the device will be much smaller and thinner, and soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?

I'm not crazy about WP7, at least the initial release of info. They've killed everything that was great about WinMo and opted for the locked-down, iPhone-like, walled garden approach. I'd love a TP3 with WM6.5.3, more RAM, and a Snapdragon processor...and US 3G bands.
14th March 2010, 01:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 431

2,001 posts
More
That kind of processor does sound pretty sweet. And the capacitive touch screen. But no hardware keyboard... I don't know what I'd do without it, but thats just me.
14th March 2010, 01:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 111

1,114 posts
Quote:

Definately but it would have to have the hard keyboard, otherwise it wouldn't be a touch pro would it?!

totally agree with dwboston ...I'm with 6.5.# with better specs Not sold on windows 7 at all so far.
Last edited by osrix; 14th March 2010 at 01:21 AM.
14th March 2010, 01:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Prague

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrix25

Definately but it would have to have the hard keyboard, otherwise it wouldn't be a touch pro would it?!

It would be a Touch or HD...The main reason I would buy TP would be because of the hard keyboard...
14th March 2010, 01:43 AM   |  #6  

59 posts
More
I'll wait for the first Windows 7 Phone that includes a decent keyboard. Hopefully HTC, but would consider SonyEricsson as well.
14th March 2010, 03:40 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I won't be touching a Windows phone ever again after this.

TP2 was a major disappointment for me because of OS, underpowered processor, and (nit picky) the fact that Telus (Canada) would release the version that does not work on their HSPA network.

I'll be swapping to Palm / webOS -- ideally the newer model that will be launched around the same time with a larger display.
14th March 2010, 04:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,960

13,348 posts
More
Do You Think Screen Shots Will be Released Soon?
14th March 2010, 05:44 AM   |  #9  
Flag Bend, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 6

1,741 posts
More
Quote:

soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?

I think it would depend on what those specs are... and have a hw-keyboard, of course. I wouldn't buy if all I knew was the name "TP3".
14th March 2010, 07:28 AM   |  #10  

305 posts
Seriously doubt if I'll be having anything WM again unless something spectacular happens. I like the TP2 hardware but WM really disappoints. I read somewhere that the HD2 is a wonderful piece of hardware crippled by it's software and that's how I feel about the TP2.

Android for me next I think

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread