Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 43,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What would you rather have?
Touch Pro3 this summer 174 68.24%
Windows Phone 7 this winter 81 31.76%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Touch Pro3

Tip us?

LocDogg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touch Pro3

Just had a dinner with a friend of mine who is the main distributor for HTC in Europe, and he informed that they will receive the first shipment of Touch Pro3's this summer and they will be on sale in Europe third quarter of this year. This is my main contact for HTC devices and he arranges a Touch Pro2 for me 4 months before it was officially released...He told me that the device will be much smaller and thinner, and soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?

dwboston
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDogg View Post
Just had a dinner with a friend of mine who is the main distributor for HTC in Europe, and he informed that they will receive the first shipment of Touch Pro3's this summer and they will be on sale in Europe third quarter of this year. This is my main contact for HTC devices and he arranges a Touch Pro2 for me 4 months before it was officially released...He told me that the device will be much smaller and thinner, and soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?
I'm not crazy about WP7, at least the initial release of info. They've killed everything that was great about WinMo and opted for the locked-down, iPhone-like, walled garden approach. I'd love a TP3 with WM6.5.3, more RAM, and a Snapdragon processor...and US 3G bands.

slapshot30
Old
Thanks Meter 430
That kind of processor does sound pretty sweet. And the capacitive touch screen. But no hardware keyboard... I don't know what I'd do without it, but thats just me.
HTC VIVID SUPERGUIDE

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, PERM ROOT, CWM, FLASHING ROMS/KERNELS, APN SETTINGS, REVERT TO STOCK

osrix
Old
(Last edited by osrix; 14th March 2010 at 12:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Definately but it would have to have the hard keyboard, otherwise it wouldn't be a touch pro would it?!

totally agree with dwboston ...I'm with 6.5.# with better specs Not sold on windows 7 at all so far.

LocDogg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrix25 View Post
Definately but it would have to have the hard keyboard, otherwise it wouldn't be a touch pro would it?!
It would be a Touch or HD...The main reason I would buy TP would be because of the hard keyboard...

LJKelley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'll wait for the first Windows 7 Phone that includes a decent keyboard. Hopefully HTC, but would consider SonyEricsson as well.
Sony CMD J5 > SonyEricsson T310 > HTC Orange SPV > SonyEricsson T610 > SonyEricsson K700i > Nokia 6680 > AT&T Tilt > iPhone 2G > HTC Touch Pro 2 > iPhone 3GS > HTC HD7 > Nokia Lumia 710 > Nokia Lumia 920 DEV

richc3
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I won't be touching a Windows phone ever again after this.

TP2 was a major disappointment for me because of OS, underpowered processor, and (nit picky) the fact that Telus (Canada) would release the version that does not work on their HSPA network.

I'll be swapping to Palm / webOS -- ideally the newer model that will be launched around the same time with a larger display.

charlieb620
Old
Thanks Meter 1,928
Do You Think Screen Shots Will be Released Soon?

MCbrian
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?
I think it would depend on what those specs are... and have a hw-keyboard, of course. I wouldn't buy if all I knew was the name "TP3".
HTC ONE

dik23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Seriously doubt if I'll be having anything WM again unless something spectacular happens. I like the TP2 hardware but WM really disappoints. I read somewhere that the HD2 is a wonderful piece of hardware crippled by it's software and that's how I feel about the TP2.

Android for me next I think