"Waiting for SD card" problem will never end :(

OP unstable_

7th April 2011, 05:27 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 25

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caved

On the second try i formated the card on my PC using FAT32 with the smallest cluster size, was 2000 something. Again placed the android files onit in the root and booted the phone. This time it ran and let me callibrate the screen in android. It let me unlock my sim card with the pin and I could browse in 3G (didnt test wifi) and use apps. I have not tried to install camera libs and other stuff. i didn't even alter files like startup.txt. It just ran

That sounds great! I don't have an 8GB card, but if formatting this way makes it usable i might get one. (room for more music, yes!)
The recommended way to format is with the HP tool, but that doesn't work for me because i don't have an adapter to put the card in my pc, and when it's in the phone the tool won't do a full format, just a quick one. I have however found out that the windows format works on the 2GB card when you select cluster size 4096. Now if the smaller cluster size works with bigger cards, you might have opened a new world of opportunity here! Thanks for the news!
10th April 2011, 01:55 PM   |  #82  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 234

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think that all depends from the SD card i mean manifacturer and etc because im with the Stock 8GB SanDisc SD card and i always RUN Android without any problem and i never had Waiting for SD card problem also i even do not format the Card or anything my card is almost full with diferent stuffs so i just put to the ROOT of the Card all Android files and thats is...
Now im runing Blazn 2.2.2 without a problem and Run really fast.
14th April 2011, 03:25 AM   |  #83  
Flag Bude
Thanks Meter: 519

2,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have just taken a card out of a Rhodium which runs Android just fine, put the card in the Blackstone and get this error. So it isn't so much the card as the compatibility of the Blackstone.
1st September 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #84  
Flag Bushehr
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
anyone fix this problem ?
i have this with my original sd card transcend 8gb and trying 12 but have that messege...
please help
1st September 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #85  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645

11,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasser_de72

anyone fix this problem ?
i have this with my original sd card transcend 8gb and trying 12 but have that messege...
please help

Try a different SD card. Blackstones seem particularly 'picky' with SD cards that work or do not...
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2011, 10:10 AM   |  #86  
Flag Bushehr
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Try a different SD card. Blackstones seem particularly 'picky' with SD cards that work or do not...

i changed my original sd card with other sd card and its ok. thanks.
my other sd card is TEAM 4GB class 4
13th September 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
just do it strictly in this order

1. format the sd card WITH THE HP TOOL it will take like an hour yes deal with it
2. do not put any other files than FRX07.1 on the sd card
3. put the right startup.txt and add this option within the quotes : command msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave

4. put the calibration file (why isnt it included ?) and unplug from your computer because activesync seems to prevent access to the sd card
5. launch haret and wait
6. WAIT
7. Wait because the logo will seem to loop forever. go out for a walk. plug back your phone to make sure it doesnt run out of power
8. come back to find your phone on the android welcome screen
Last edited by mr.bryce; 13th September 2011 at 03:43 PM.
20th December 2011, 03:50 PM   |  #88  

1 posts
SD problem android on blackstone - solved ...maybe
Maybe this helps:

Installed from Scandisk 8GB Class 4: did not work (waiting for SD card..)
Installed from Scandisk 4GB Class 2: WORKED!
Installed from Scandisk 16GB Class 2: WORKED! (I did not even reformat that one, just took it straight from my newer Rhodium with all the stuff still on, and unzipped Froyo to its root).

Difference in Classes is access speed lower boundary. Class 2 allows lower speed, which may explain the 'waiting for' ... hope this helps.

And may thxs to all developers. Really enjoyed your work !
28th January 2012, 11:24 AM   |  #89  
Flag Granada

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by groofhu

Maybe this helps:

Installed from Scandisk 8GB Class 4: did not work (waiting for SD card..)
Installed from Scandisk 4GB Class 2: WORKED!
Installed from Scandisk 16GB Class 2: WORKED! (I did not even reformat that one, just took it straight from my newer Rhodium with all the stuff still on, and unzipped Froyo to its root).

Difference in Classes is access speed lower boundary. Class 2 allows lower speed, which may explain the 'waiting for' ... hope this helps.

And may thxs to all developers. Really enjoyed your work !

Hi: Loking at your solution, (I have a Trascend 8Gb class 4) I bought in ebay a sandkisk 8Gb class 2, but, oh surprise! the sent me a class 4. They told me Sandisk doesn't manufacture class2.
So, no matter the deception, I copy all from Trascend to Sandisk plus the Android folder and.....WORKS!!!
So, I agree with other users that it is a matter of brand, no about the class.
cheers.
6th February 2013, 08:28 PM   |  #90  

1 posts
Thumbs up Kingston 4gb class 4
I know it has been more than a year but, I bring my experience.
I have a 8gb transcend class 6 and i have found that does not work.
I bought one of Kingston 4gb class 4, and working perfectly.

best regards.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread