DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Official htc hero 2.1 rom scheduled!!!

OP StrongOneX

16th March 2010, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

243 posts
More
ORGINALLY POSTED AT MODACO

HEY!

LOOK WHAT I MANAGED TO SQUEEZE OUT OF A NOOB FROM HTC

I SENT

Hi. I am so waiting for the new firmware for the HTC Hero (GSM) and I was wondering why can't you (htc) just release what they've done so far then OTA patch it later? I guess you're almost finished because you've used a whole lot of time now. I've been waiting ever since before christmas and checked your website for new update every day. I'm impationtly waiting! And please, if you do not release it, please provide me some details!

THEY REPLIED

Dear

Thank you for your enquiry about htc hero.

Some of the phones in our Android line up including your Hero are due to receive an upgrade, and it is scheduled to be released starting at the end of April. Your phone should be upgraded Over-The-Air. You can expect a pop-up message on your phone when connected to the internet once it is ready. When the upgrade is ready, we will notify you via our website and on various social media networks including Twitter and Face book.

If these steps have not helped, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check again for you.

Best regards,

Ivona
HTC customer support team
HTC Corp. Global Service Division

AND I WAS LIKE OMFG !
16th March 2010, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 12

498 posts
More
wooooooooooooooooooo
movikun
16th March 2010, 08:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Yeah right. First it was january, then march, now april.
16th March 2010, 09:01 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,639

6,058 posts
Donate to Me
More
and havn't they already said it won't be an OTA?

i didn't think the jump from 1.5 to 2.1 was possible via an OTA.
16th March 2010, 09:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 60

1,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

and havn't they already said it won't be an OTA?

i didn't think the jump from 1.5 to 2.1 was possible via an OTA.

I agree... the OTA thing sounds like a bunch of horse piss. The update includes a new kernel, which means replacing the current kernel, which means the phone will need to be in either recovery or fastboot mode in order for the update to take place. Correct me if I'm wrong...
16th March 2010, 10:01 PM   |  #6  

95 posts
I'm skeptical...

However the OTA is not the problem. They didn't say it's an OTA update... just said that, you'll get a message on your phone telling you an update is available (+ instructions: go to website bla bla).

Still don't believe what some HTC support-minion says. They don't have a clue.
17th March 2010, 10:33 AM   |  #7  
Flag Weert

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafos

I'm skeptical...

However the OTA is not the problem. They didn't say it's an OTA update... just said that, you'll get a message on your phone telling you an update is available (+ instructions: go to website bla bla).

Still don't believe what some HTC support-minion says. They don't have a clue.

Some people over here in holland got the same mail. OTA and the end of april...
Funny since the Sprint hero (wich is branded) wil get his update around 20th of march....

I think this is because of the legend wich is released last week. The legend is a faster phone than the hero. But also more expensive I think when the difference is only a few mhz and a amoled screen not a lot of people who have the hero is gonna buy the legend when the hero get's 2.1...

For me it just opened another option. Kind of sick of promises was going to buy a desire but don't know for sure now...
17th March 2010, 10:46 AM   |  #8  

39 posts
I got sick of all the promises when the 15th of March came and went, installed behero rom and am a happy bunny
17th March 2010, 10:49 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

243 posts
More
OTA
what i think they ment is that you'll get a notice or message on your phone that a new firmware is available and you'll have to goto their website
17th March 2010, 11:26 AM   |  #10  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk

I got sick of all the promises when the 15th of March came and went, installed behero rom and am a happy bunny

lol - so did I! I've got VillianROM3.4! When (or should I say if!) the update comes out I'll just restore my nandroid backup of 1.5 and update it to see what it's like...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.1, android, eclair, official, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread