Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official htc hero 2.1 rom scheduled!!!

Tip us?

StrongOneX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Official htc hero 2.1 rom scheduled!!!

ORGINALLY POSTED AT MODACO

HEY!

LOOK WHAT I MANAGED TO SQUEEZE OUT OF A NOOB FROM HTC

I SENT

Hi. I am so waiting for the new firmware for the HTC Hero (GSM) and I was wondering why can't you (htc) just release what they've done so far then OTA patch it later? I guess you're almost finished because you've used a whole lot of time now. I've been waiting ever since before christmas and checked your website for new update every day. I'm impationtly waiting! And please, if you do not release it, please provide me some details!

THEY REPLIED

Dear

Thank you for your enquiry about htc hero.

Some of the phones in our Android line up including your Hero are due to receive an upgrade, and it is scheduled to be released starting at the end of April. Your phone should be upgraded Over-The-Air. You can expect a pop-up message on your phone when connected to the internet once it is ready. When the upgrade is ready, we will notify you via our website and on various social media networks including Twitter and Face book.

If these steps have not helped, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check again for you.

Best regards,

Ivona
HTC customer support team
HTC Corp. Global Service Division

AND I WAS LIKE OMFG !

idroid84
Old
Thanks Meter 12
wooooooooooooooooooo
movikun Old
Thanks Meter
Yeah right. First it was january, then march, now april.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1419

DONATE TO ME
and havn't they already said it won't be an OTA?

i didn't think the jump from 1.5 to 2.1 was possible via an OTA.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

craig0r
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
and havn't they already said it won't be an OTA?

i didn't think the jump from 1.5 to 2.1 was possible via an OTA.
I agree... the OTA thing sounds like a bunch of horse piss. The update includes a new kernel, which means replacing the current kernel, which means the phone will need to be in either recovery or fastboot mode in order for the update to take place. Correct me if I'm wrong...
craig0r

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Rogers HTC One
HP Touchpad with CM10

olafos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm skeptical...

However the OTA is not the problem. They didn't say it's an OTA update... just said that, you'll get a message on your phone telling you an update is available (+ instructions: go to website bla bla).

Still don't believe what some HTC support-minion says. They don't have a clue.

Stafflover
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafos View Post
I'm skeptical...

However the OTA is not the problem. They didn't say it's an OTA update... just said that, you'll get a message on your phone telling you an update is available (+ instructions: go to website bla bla).

Still don't believe what some HTC support-minion says. They don't have a clue.
Some people over here in holland got the same mail. OTA and the end of april...
Funny since the Sprint hero (wich is branded) wil get his update around 20th of march....

I think this is because of the legend wich is released last week. The legend is a faster phone than the hero. But also more expensive I think when the difference is only a few mhz and a amoled screen not a lot of people who have the hero is gonna buy the legend when the hero get's 2.1...

For me it just opened another option. Kind of sick of promises was going to buy a desire but don't know for sure now...

daniel_owen_uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got sick of all the promises when the 15th of March came and went, installed behero rom and am a happy bunny

StrongOneX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default OTA

what i think they ment is that you'll get a notice or message on your phone that a new firmware is available and you'll have to goto their website

Deeko1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk View Post
I got sick of all the promises when the 15th of March came and went, installed behero rom and am a happy bunny
lol - so did I! I've got VillianROM3.4! When (or should I say if!) the update comes out I'll just restore my nandroid backup of 1.5 and update it to see what it's like...

Tags
2.1, android, eclair, official, rom