FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Don't like where Windows Phone 7 Series is headed? Let's do something about it!

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Blackwheel, Junior Member on 17th March 2010, 03:23 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Please sign, thank you.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...sphoneboycott/

Petition Message:

I'll make this short and to the point.

Windows Mobile:

Function: Extremely capable OS
Form: Dense, outdated user interface.

Windows Phone 7 Series:

Function: OS crippled by a lack of basic features
Form: Intuitive, modern user interface.

Microsoft has selected form over functionality and that is a decision we can not and will not support with our own monetary funds. Microsoft, you're decision to neglect basic features such as...

- an open file system accessible to the user

- copy + paste

- true multitasking

- true customization

... has resulted in our collective decision to boycott all
future Windows Phones until the above issues are addressed.

17th March 2010, 03:29 AM |#2  
Flag Charleston, SC metro area
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
signed

also, if you can add:

no DRM
17th March 2010, 03:30 AM |#3  
Flag Charleston, SC metro area
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Also, post your negative thoughts on your Twitter accounts with the #wp7s along with it. Windows' accounts (the developers, Windows Phone account, Windows account) has been making posts with #wp7s in them so that readers can search for all related posts. If they are mostly negative, the developers are bound to notice.
17th March 2010, 04:47 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I sent a message to wmpoweruser.com to see if they can post a link on their main page. I hope they come through.
18th March 2010, 03:56 AM |#5  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just postimg so this doesn't get lost in the forum. Please sign the petition.

Dwight2001
18th March 2010, 03:38 PM |#6  

More
Signed with the hopes Microsoft adds some of those features later. But I'll still purchase either way honestly.
18th March 2010, 05:06 PM |#7  
Flag Mannheim
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Signed. Let's just hope they will start listening to us
18th March 2010, 08:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Let's face it, corporations only listen to the money. There's the geek crowd, then there's the mainstream crowd. The fattest pockets win.
18th March 2010, 10:04 PM |#9  
Flag inside
Thanks Meter: 105

More
My idea of "doing something about it" involves changing platforms. Good luck though. I hear MS loves customer feedback. As nice as Win7 is (My name is fortunz, and Win7 was my idea -- 4 years ago), it's a tech generation later than it should have been.
18th March 2010, 11:10 PM |#10  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3

More
you know those windows 7 commercials where the actors and actress explain some nifty features like the task bar and stuff, then at the end of the commercial they proudly say "windows 7 was my idea".

It really contradicts what they are doing with windows phone 7 series in which cases, none of what they are doing are what users would want from winmo phones
19th March 2010, 01:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klasital

you know those windows 7 commercials where the actors and actress explain some nifty features like the task bar and stuff, then at the end of the commercial they proudly say "windows 7 was my idea".

It really contradicts what they are doing with windows phone 7 series in which cases, none of what they are doing are what users would want from winmo phones

I disagree. Too many people saying MS is stupid for this don't have the ability to step outside of their own little box and view the situation as it actually is. too many people think because THEY feel a certian way, it's how the rest of the world feels too.

I agree with many users here. I hate what I know of WP7.. I probably wont buy it... I totally see android in my future.. BUT... here is a little perspective.

The Iphone JUST got copy and paste not too long ago. The Iphone does not have a file system browser. The Iphone cant multitask. hrm.. what else? Oh yeah the Iphone has MOST of the market-share.

See.. What you want, and What I want, is not what most people want.

Microsoft knows that WP7 is what the masses need. A device that's not difficult. A device that lets them surf the web, get text messages, listen to music, tweet, and update facebook. A device that "Just works" They dont want all kinds of customizable settings and stuff.. It's too complicated.. Frankly, the average human is an idiot.

A majority us who frequent these forums like to have settings and options and like to change and customize their phones. They like custom roms. They dont mind actually thinking a little and trying to figure out a problem. They dont care that they spend more time flashing and tweaking, and customizing than actually using the device...

But the rest of the world, the VAST majority, wants an Iphone... WP7 was THIER Idea.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread