Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Excactly how likely IS a custom rom for the HD2?

OP ragdoll20

17th March 2010, 11:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

340 posts
More
Windows mobile phone series 7...

So we went trought the weeks, we heard all the talk, we saw all the pretty images and videos, we really wanted it... and now almost everyone hates is... :P

however, 1 thing i heard people say OVER and OVER again on sites like pocketnow.com engadget.com ang gizmodo.com is: Dont worry, XDA will have a custom rom for the HD2 in days when its out!!

I always found that strange to hear, i mean the android development has been underway for over a year now and just recently has netripper made some breaktroughs..

so (i think you know what i'm getting at..) will this really be as easy as everyone claims? Isnt it a whole new system, build from the ground up? what are your opinions
17th March 2010, 11:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
My guess is that the HD2 is likely HTCs dev platform for wp7. If that's true I think we'll see it eventually.
17th March 2010, 11:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 118

1,918 posts
if a development rom exists highly likely
if there's not then it may not be possible for the hd2 handset...I would prefer to think there is a development rom
17th March 2010, 11:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 40

289 posts
More
one crazy russian people need only 10hour for rip the blue ray disc... after first time sony relase... and sony say its imposible to rip or rewrite

i think... wm7 come to hd2 but unoficial version... its best phone ever... any lg and samsung canot be better than htc hd2...
17th March 2010, 11:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domineus

if a development rom exists highly likely
if there's not then it may not be possible for the hd2 handset...I would prefer to think there is a development rom

what do you mean with development rom? isnt there already 1 posted in the windows 7 forum (1 page back?)

or do you mean something else?
18th March 2010, 12:28 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 118

1,918 posts
emulated rom is for x86 processors
a developer rom means one that is made for the htc touch hd 2
18th March 2010, 10:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

340 posts
More
but that probably wont happen right?
18th March 2010, 10:40 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

253 posts
More
from what i've read, they are indeed trying to do something about the emulator dump, anything. but mainly waiting, for an actual rom.
18th March 2010, 10:47 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

194 posts
I guess it's all down to drivers and how similar WinPhoS is to 6.5.x. I mean if it's practically the same, maybe the 6.5.x Hardware drivers will work with a bit of tweaking.

Logicalstep
18th March 2010, 11:26 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

124 posts
I think it's possible, It seems the man in the video is using an hd2 phone - http://www.istartedsomething.com/201...mo-from-mix10/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom, hd2, phone, rom, windows
Previous Thread Next Thread