XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable/Enable Pop Up Blocker/

Tip us?

b737
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Disable/Enable Pop Up Blocker/

Hey follks, did a serach on the forum here. Didn't seem to find what I was searching for.

Basicaly, I'm giving serious consideration to getting the HD2 when released US March 24th.

I'm a pilot for a major US airline. Unfortunately, the folks that programmed our computer access to our scheduling program; used old technology to do so. Mainly, every frikin page or link you click on, causes a pop up window.

Also, if you can't do a double-click on the page, it won't load that page at all.

So, my questions to you HD2 users.

How do I turn off the Pop Blocker in the HD2 so I can get pop up windows with our ancient scheduling program.

Also, with the double-click stuff. Do you know of any program I could load on the phone and or browser, to emulate a double-click with just a single tap.

Any info appreciated. I was in the T-mobile store recently; just to test if the HD2 woudl work on our scheduling access website. I can get into the main page no proble, once logged in though; the damn pop up blocker screws everything up for me.

Just want to test the phone's capabilities out before commiting.

Thanks for any assitance.

David

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
you probably used opera in your test? In opera (well in 9.7 anyway) click menu - advanced - and untick popup blocker
O2 UK (Contract) APN settings data & MMS combined

Various radios, stock roms and tools HERE

UK 3.14 hd2 stock roms on HTC.com

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

PACpacPACpacPACpacPAC

'If there's an emergency, you have my permission to panic, and run about screaming.'

2nd nun says "yes, doesn't it." 1st nun says "no i said where's the POPE?"

b737
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank You. Will give it a try the next time I'm at T-Mobile.

In Opera mobile, I'm guessing the Menu is located with in the browser itself? Sorry, haven't used Opera before.

Thanks again.

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by b737 View Post
Thank You. Will give it a try the next time I'm at T-Mobile.

In Opera mobile, I'm guessing the Menu is located with in the browser itself? Sorry, haven't used Opera before.

Thanks again.
yea, in the browser, bottom right soft button, cant miss it.
O2 UK (Contract) APN settings data & MMS combined

Various radios, stock roms and tools HERE

UK 3.14 hd2 stock roms on HTC.com

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

PACpacPACpacPACpacPAC

'If there's an emergency, you have my permission to panic, and run about screaming.'

2nd nun says "yes, doesn't it." 1st nun says "no i said where's the POPE?"