Brought to you by JockyW (jockyw2001)
March 20, 2010
DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE USING THIS TOOL
1. connect your ROSE with your PC by USB cable and boot into Windows Mobile
2. wait until ActiveSync is ready (icon green)
3. run "flash-hardspl.bat" to flash the HardSPL. It will create a backup of your current SPL
(called "spl-backup.bin") and creates a file "check.bin" in subdirectory "1" (for diagnostic purposes)
4. the phone will be rebooted automatically
5. you can now flash any cooked or original rom, splash screen or radio rom
- if your device is application locked the batch file will run with errors. To app unlock your device
Download PHM Registry Editor - v0.70 from here:
Copy it to your device and execute it.
Modify this registry key:
HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/0000101B if set to dword:2, change it to dword:1
Reset using power button and try again.
Alternatively run the cab posted: here
- the HardSPL is based on the SPL v1.54.0000 (Rose, Shipped) for ROSE with modelID ROSE100 (check your modelID in battery compartment)
- a quick verification for correct installation is to boot into SPL tri-colour bootloader screen. In the top-left corner it should display "1.54.Hard"
- to flash back the stock SPL 1.54.0000 run "flash-stock-1.54.0000.bat"
- to flash your original SPL run "flash-your-backup.bat"
Original Asian and Orange ROMs can be found here:
I have reconstructed Elusivo's dumped rom WM 6.1 build 20279 (german):
With these rom you can easily set up a kitchen for ROSE.
Check this Kaiser kitchen tutorial for a jump start:
- itsme for his fantastic open source itsutils package
- pof and Olipro for many HardSPL patches
- Elusivo for testing HardSPL
If you like the HardSPL and appreciate the time and effort I have put into this then feel free to send a PayPal donation to firstname.lastname@example.org
or click the donate button in my signature.