HardSPL kit for Mega Touch2 by jockyw2001
HardSPL kit for Mega Touch2
Brought to you by JockyW (jockyw2001)
March 20, 2010
DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE USING THIS TOOL
1. connect your MEGA with your PC by USB cable and boot into Windows Mobile
2. wait until ActiveSync is ready (icon green)
3. run "flash-hardspl.bat" to flash the HardSPL. It will create a backup of your current SPL
(called "spl-backup.bin") and creates a file "check.bin" in subdirectory "1" (for diagnostic purposes)
4. the phone will be rebooted automatically
5. you can now flash any cooked or original rom, splash screen or radio rom
6. use the attached custom RUU (rom) flasher to flash roms or rom components
- if your device is application locked the batch file will run with errors. To app unlock your device
Download PHM Registry Editor - v0.70 from here:
Copy it to your device and execute it.
Modify this registry key:
HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/0000101B if set to dword:2, change it to dword:1
Reset using power button and try again.
- the HardSPL is based on the SPL v1.28.0000 (PB74, Shipped) for MEGA with modelID PB74100 (check your modelID in battery compartment)
- a quick verification for correct installation is to boot into SPL tri-colour bootloader screen (keep volume down pressed while you turn on or reset). In the top-left corner it should display "1.28.Hard"
- to flash back the stock SPL 1.28.0000 run "flash-stock-1.28.0000.bat"
- to flash your original SPL run "flash-your-backup.bat"
- if the installation fails try again on another PC and make sure you logged in as administrator or as user with administrator rights. Alternatively run flash-hardspl.bat as administrator. If it still doesn't work look up this registry key in the phone:
Change the value "Dll" from "OEM_FLASHDRV.dll" to "OEM_FLASHDRVXXX.dll" and reboot the device. After rebooting into WM and after activesync is ready run flash-hardspl.bat . Check in tricolour bootloader screen if it is installed and then boot again into WM and change the registry value back to its old value.
If it still doesn't work try to flash an older version of the official rom available for your model. If that doesn't help then create a Goldcard and flash the WWE-Europe rom. A Goldcard can be created with PSAS
. This tool will cost you a few bucks but it's worth each and every penny (hopefully you still have a few pennies left for a donation
Original ROMs can be found here:
With these rom you can easily set up a kitchen for MEGA.
Check this Kaiser kitchen tutorial for a jump start:
or for the Touch Pro2:
- itsme for his fantastic open source itsutils package
- pof and Olipro for many HardSPL patches
- billabongstaff (HTC__506) and schranz01 (T-MOB101) for testing HardSPL
If you like the HardSPL and appreciate the time and effort I have put into this then feel free to send a PayPal donation to firstname.lastname@example.org
or click the donate button in my signature.