Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any Touch Screen/Digitizer Repair Kits for Telus?

Tip us?

2Rude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any Touch Screen/Digitizer Repair Kits for Telus?

I just got this phone as a gift a month and a half ago, and somehow, just somehow the screen got cracked in my pocket. Everything still works fine, phone works great as always, but the screen is all messed up.

I went to a local Telus store, and they said they don't do repairs on physical damage which is stupid IMO. And I think the warranty my brother paid for might be up, he's not sure. And even so, I'm almost positive they'll say the warranty doesn't cover physical damage. The guy said my only hope would be to look for a 3rd party company online that can do repairs.
I tried looking around for a Screen/Digitizer Repair Kit for telus online, but they only had some for the sprint model of the phone. I know they're the same, but the screen shapes are clearly different.

I don't know what else to do, so I'm hoping you guys can help somehow.
Thanks in advance!

barncourt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Replacement LCD

Hi. Have a look on ebay. I would recommend you buy a complete LCD and digitiser pre-assembled in one unit... These typically cost around 35 UK pounds when bought from sellers in Hong Kong. You will need a set of jewellers screw drivers (mini torx drivers), and a set of tweezers. Also, would recommend downloading a Service Manual for the Diamond if you have never taken one apart before (you can find this with Google). You need to be very careful though, because there are two small black coaxial cables inside the device that carry the GPS, bluetooth/wifi signals from the upper antenna board to the lower motherboard. These are very easily damaged and it is difficult to locate replacements. I've changed a few LCDs in the past and it is relatively easy if you are careful and methodic about taking the device apart. If you are unsure, I would recommend finding a third party replacement service on the internet to do it for you....

shirazitco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i was seen one of your post. my diamond screen was broken and i get it to a serviceman. after he replace its touchscreen i lost my wifi,gps , bluetooth and phone microphone. can you help me to repair it? thanks alot