Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] B&N eReader

Tip us?

bugsykoosh
Old
(Last edited by bugsykoosh; 23rd March 2010 at 07:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [App] B&N eReader

Here's the B&N eReader app that was on my NRG ROM but gave a 'comng soon' splash but updated OTA to the attached new version that is live and working
A bunch of pics and info on the app ar located here: http://www.mobilitydigest.com/barnes-nobles-ereader-is-liveand-sweet/
Attached Files
File Type: cab BNeReaderInstaller.cab - [Click for QR Code] (2.35 MB, 4983 views)
DavidK
of

Kalavere
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Awesome, thank you kindly!

Samsung Note 3 - X-Note v15.

xavierdemon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Excuse my ignorance about the B&N eReader but can you import ebooks you already own into this reader or will it only except publications from the B&N website?
■----HP Ipaq H2210---■
■HTC Artemis-[P3300]■
■HTC Touch Diamond-■
■----HTC HD2 (Leo)---■

Help me stop my girlfriend
nagging me about being
on the computer and buy
her some wine

buckyg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am not seeing any option to import existing ebooks, such as the ones I have for eReader. B&N owns eReader, if I remember correctly. Wonder if the two apps will "merge" at some point, or I'm guessing they may want people like me to switch over to the new reader.
Device: HTC Fuze
ROM: EnergyROM Series 21916 Nov 25 Cookie 2.0
Radio: 1.14.25.35 Security Unlocked

the0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 52
this is awesome ... thanks David
---

Windows Phone Apps || Windows Phone Games --- want to review apps and game for windows phone and get paid for it ? Get it touch

---

captobie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've been waiting for this for a long time. You're my hero! Thanks!
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Previous Devices: HP Jornada 525, Dell Axim X50v, AT&T Tilt, HTC Fuze, HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus S

THUDUK
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Yer looks ok, downloaded the free books, but I can't view my .epub books I already have, seems pointless application unless I can read my existing epubs, perhaps I am doing something wrong again...

captobie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUDUK View Post
Yer looks ok, downloaded the free books, but I can't view my .epub books I already have, seems pointless application unless I can read my existing epubs, perhaps I am doing something wrong again...
I suspect they have to be in the folder that the app uses. I haven't dug around yet to find just where the program is storing my books.

After the first five minutes, my initial impressions:

- Visually very appealing
- Instant access to your B&N library (proud nook owner here, so I have a lot of e-books from B&N).
- Doesn't sync yet with the nook (but neither does the BlackBerry or iPhone version)
- You can read e-newspapers from the app (I don't think you can do that yet with the other versions, but maybe they've been updated)

If you buy e-books from B&N this is definitely a must-have app. Otherwise there are more flexible options out there.

Previous Devices: HP Jornada 525, Dell Axim X50v, AT&T Tilt, HTC Fuze, HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus S

Farmer Ted
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I tried importing a book from my peanut press folder on my sd card to the proper one on main memory (where Dracula was downloaded), and it didn't recognize it. I love the fact that the bonehead who made the cab put the BN folder on the root of the device, instead of in program files.
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09

captobie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
I tried importing a book from my peanut press folder on my sd card to the proper one on main memory (where Dracula was downloaded), and it didn't recognize it. I love the fact that the bonehead who made the cab put the BN folder on the root of the device, instead of in program files.
It's in Program Files on mine. But I'm not happy about the boneheaded move to put the Books folder within the program folder in main memory. It might be preferable to install the app to a storage card instead of main memory. Unless someone can find a way to get the program to look for books on the storage card.