T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

[App] B&N eReader

OP bugsykoosh

23rd March 2010, 07:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

727 posts
Here's the B&N eReader app that was on my NRG ROM but gave a 'comng soon' splash but updated OTA to the attached new version that is live and working
A bunch of pics and info on the app ar located here: http://www.mobilitydigest.com/barnes-nobles-ereader-is-liveand-sweet/
Attached Files
File Type: cab BNeReaderInstaller.cab - [Click for QR Code] (2.35 MB, 4985 views)
Last edited by bugsykoosh; 23rd March 2010 at 07:24 AM.
23rd March 2010, 09:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 138

1,522 posts
Awesome, thank you kindly!
23rd March 2010, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

576 posts
More
Excuse my ignorance about the B&N eReader but can you import ebooks you already own into this reader or will it only except publications from the B&N website?
24th March 2010, 03:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag KC Area
Thanks Meter: 0

76 posts
More
I am not seeing any option to import existing ebooks, such as the ones I have for eReader. B&N owns eReader, if I remember correctly. Wonder if the two apps will "merge" at some point, or I'm guessing they may want people like me to switch over to the new reader.
24th March 2010, 07:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 52

843 posts
More
this is awesome ... thanks David
24th March 2010, 03:00 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

161 posts
I've been waiting for this for a long time. You're my hero! Thanks!
24th March 2010, 03:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag eastbourne
Thanks Meter: 151

1,621 posts
More
Yer looks ok, downloaded the free books, but I can't view my .epub books I already have, seems pointless application unless I can read my existing epubs, perhaps I am doing something wrong again...
24th March 2010, 03:57 PM   |  #8  

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUDUK

Yer looks ok, downloaded the free books, but I can't view my .epub books I already have, seems pointless application unless I can read my existing epubs, perhaps I am doing something wrong again...

I suspect they have to be in the folder that the app uses. I haven't dug around yet to find just where the program is storing my books.

After the first five minutes, my initial impressions:

- Visually very appealing
- Instant access to your B&N library (proud nook owner here, so I have a lot of e-books from B&N).
- Doesn't sync yet with the nook (but neither does the BlackBerry or iPhone version)
- You can read e-newspapers from the app (I don't think you can do that yet with the other versions, but maybe they've been updated)

If you buy e-books from B&N this is definitely a must-have app. Otherwise there are more flexible options out there.
24th March 2010, 04:14 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 89

2,371 posts
More
I tried importing a book from my peanut press folder on my sd card to the proper one on main memory (where Dracula was downloaded), and it didn't recognize it. I love the fact that the bonehead who made the cab put the BN folder on the root of the device, instead of in program files.
24th March 2010, 04:26 PM   |  #10  

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted

I tried importing a book from my peanut press folder on my sd card to the proper one on main memory (where Dracula was downloaded), and it didn't recognize it. I love the fact that the bonehead who made the cab put the BN folder on the root of the device, instead of in program files.

It's in Program Files on mine. But I'm not happy about the boneheaded move to put the Books folder within the program folder in main memory. It might be preferable to install the app to a storage card instead of main memory. Unless someone can find a way to get the program to look for books on the storage card.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread