Welcome; I wanted to offer a little "something" back to the XDA community in the hopes that it will benefit others and to show my appreciation to the folks that make XDA the great community that it is.
If you've gotten excited about the idea of cooking your own ROM's, you've probably had to spend several weeks of reading, asking questions, getting acquainted with your facility, and figuring out where you're going to plug your utensils and/or appliances. Now comes the easy part, cooking quality ROM's ... right? It's gotta be simple after that, I mean that was all the hard stuff ... right? Well ...
As any seasoned chef will tell you, the quality of a meal greatly depends on quality ingredients, utensils, and appliances. Ingredients are a personal preference and some chefs can make Macaroni & Cheese taste like the best meal in the world; and how do they accomplish this? In many cases, they use quality utensils and appliances and understand the limitations of them.
Equipping your kitchen with the right tools ensures that you're able to provide quality meals to your patrons - resulting in return visits.
The goal of this thread is encourage seasoned chefs to share their knowledge of quality tools that they use in their day-to-day activities of ROM cooking.
Some of these tools are free, others have a trial version, and others must be purchased. The goal isn't to promote any one specific tool, it is to provide objective (and hopefully unbiased) reviews of these tools. Lastly, a moderator or senior chef may periodically review and cleanup this thread/post to ensure that it remains on-topic and consistent in format ... so don't take offense; you'll always be credited for your contribution.
Format For Each Post
Take a moment to review existing tool reviews; the goal is to share your experiences in using the tool. The review should contain the following information:
- Name of the tool (same as in Title of post)
- Link to tool
- Cost (Free, Adware, Trialware, Purchase)
- Reviewed by [your XDA member name]; in case the post is moved near the top of the thread at a later date.
- Summary of what the tool does (uses) and any example you can think of.
- Tips on how to use the tool; things you discovered when using the tool.
- Potential pitfall (gotcha's) when using the tool; things you discovered when using the tool.
- Reference threads (optional); links that might offer some additional usage information.
- No attachments please. Post them in the original thread for the tool.