Author: FdcSoft (aka dotFred)
Reviewed By: Sous-Chef
The Task manager application is a bunch of several useful tools in just one tool. It includes a Process manager, CPU usage, Application Manager, Service Manager, Device Manager (only WM2005 and above), Windows Manager, Notification Manager, IP Config utility, Ping utility, Net Stats utility, Registry Editor, and Run program utility.
Although, the application is intended to run on a Mobile Device, it is an excellent tool to use during the preparation of OEM packages. For example, the following procedure speeds up the process of converting from .CAB to OEM:
- Copy the files from extract .CAB to the device
- Import the registy settings
- Process the .PROVXML files.
- Reboot the device
- Test application
- The application can run from an SD card.
- .RGU files can be renamed to .REG; make sure to remove the hidden, system file attributes.
- .PROVXML files require a minor adjustment; see reference link below.