OK, so you want to build your menu up. Now you will have dumped a WM 6.1 or 6.5 ROM, these have given you your drivers. but you want to test out the latest 6.5.5 ROMS, but don't like them. So, Make your own
So, a new ingredients list!
1. A nice, pre packed ROM package, availible Here
2. Or, if you are a slightly more advanced user, you can get a newer build from DA_G or Tom_Codon, DA_G is on XDA and Tom_Codon is on HTC Pedia, you need to port this yourself and i am not going to show how in this TUT as i have done it once and don't know if it works yet
Ok so now you have downloaded your Pre packed OS, you need to put it into the correct folders, so SYS -> SYS, OEM -> OEM ETC...
Now lets start!
1. So launch your kitchen, The folder should now look like this:
2. Select your device and build:
3. Pick your SYS packages, if it is marked as essential, DO NOT DISSABLE IT!!!
As you can see i disable certian things, like ADC, i don't use it as i have no Data Connection
3. Don't touch OEM, these are your drivers
4. Choose your SYS, if you like certian apps that are in CAB form, in the tools menu, there is CAB2EXT, you can guess what it does, i used it to intergrate the Win7 Boot animations:
So click start cooking and your off, Please posst your ROMS as a public release, what goes around, comes around
XDA Developers Moderator
HTC Roadster / HP iPAQ HX4700
Some other iPAQs made before 2003