5,596,568 Members 41,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I think i have a BRICKED G1 (UNKOWN ISSUE!)

Tip us?

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
(Last edited by JaY iZz BaKk; 24th March 2010 at 04:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default I think i have a BRICKED G1 (UNKOWN ISSUE!)

i was trying to root down to rc29 and everytime i do i get an error, when it says BOOT it fails. thus leading to the whole update to fail. everytime i turn on my g1 it goes straight to bootloader

any help ? i already reformated my memory card and download a RC29 again and still no luck !

if i return this to tmobile thru warrenty exchange, will it count as out of warrenty ?

Chididdy123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayizzbakk View Post
i was trying to root down to rc29 and everytime i do i get an error, when it says BOOT it fails. thus leading to the whole update to fail. everytime i turn on my g1 it goes straight to bootloader

any help ? i already reformated my memory card and download a RC29 again and still no luck !

if i return this to tmobile thru warrenty exchange, will it count as out of warrenty ?
Did you put the DREAIMG.NBH file onto your SD card?
Make sure you extracted everything if you downloaded it by zip file. Once you do that, you'll find the .NBH file in there.

Also wrong section
OG Old
Thanks Meter
Well, if you go to Bootloader, I'm sure you don't have a Brick. Brick means it stays at the G1 Screen and doesn't do anything else.

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
yeah i did, i always downgrade no problem, this was a exchange so i had to re root and now its giving me this message

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1BRICKED View Post
Well, if you go to Bootloader, I'm sure you don't have a Brick. Brick means it stays at the G1 Screen and doesn't do anything else.

ironic its your name lol

but yeah thats what i thought..but everytime i try and get this error what else can i do ! RC29 is like the safe house, if thats broken then what lol
OG Old
Thanks Meter
Well, I thought I was bricked before too but naah. The nice people here made fun of me for a day, and then started helping me. Try Flashing a different RC?

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1BRICKED View Post
Well, I thought I was bricked before too but naah. The nice people here made fun of me for a day, and then started helping me. Try Flashing a different RC?
hmm like the rc8? europe version? what other rc's are out there?

i redownload rc29 and reformatted just to be sure and i still had the error, is this the first time a problem like this occured? i looked around and no one has the same problem
OG Old
Thanks Meter
RC33. Google it man, it's Android for Nas-sake! Yeahh haha, did you see the irony in that? Nas, your location is Queens, New York. Hahahahahahahha lmaooo. I am hilarious.

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
ahaha yeah, i live 5 bus stops away from queens bridge actually. im in astoria. and i cant get into recovery, when my phone turns on it goes straight to bootloader no splash screen. i thought i cpuld only flash the DREAHIMG.nbh only (which is what i have/tried)
OG Old
(Last edited by OG; 24th March 2010 at 03:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Shiz I though RC33 was... wth. Wow. You kids now a days, messing with an old geezer like me. Loll. Uhmm. Yeaah. Hahaha, I think I'm gonna go before you break you're phone. So no Splashs. Well den we know you don;t have any water damage. LOL I AM COMEDY. Naah uhmms, well you usually don't get Splashes when you go into FastBoot and BootLoader. Try, doing, idk. Damn it people, help two playas out. I'm stupid and can;t even use ADB properly, and this guys stuck with BootLoader. I was afraid to Boot into FastBoot yesterday, help us!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe