Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

"Official leak" Sprint HTC Hero getting update on April 9th, is it Android 2.1 ?

OP networx2002

26th March 2010, 02:29 AM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
i dont know officially if it is 2.1, but internally all our updates are called "maintenance releases", no matter how big or small they may be. hell, the other day the tp2 went from 6.1 to 6.5 and we billed it as a maintenance release. but imho, this is 2.1.
26th March 2010, 03:02 AM   |  #12  
durandetto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 155
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
I wouldn't think they would call 2.1 a "maintenance" release.
26th March 2010, 03:50 AM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
i work there you big dummy. if we called wm6.1 to 6.5, how can you be sure? webos 1.3.5 to 1.4 was also a sprint "maintenance release". just be happy with that answer... and just be glad you dont have a moto droid, lol
26th March 2010, 05:09 AM   |  #14  
Avalaunchmods's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 316
 
1,097 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkendle53

i work there you big dummy. if we called wm6.1 to 6.5, how can you be sure? webos 1.3.5 to 1.4 was also a sprint "maintenance release". just be happy with that answer... and just be glad you dont have a moto droid, lol

i agree with you but also it does clearly state what it fixes. so idk im iffy to get my hopes up. i dont think it is 2.1
26th March 2010, 09:48 PM   |  #15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
that document contained errors and had been revised. The official word is still coming soon... the version must go thru testing no need in releasing it only to have to issue another update after a week or so right
27th March 2010, 02:33 AM   |  #16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkendle53

i dont know officially if it is 2.1, but internally all our updates are called "maintenance releases", no matter how big or small they may be. hell, the other day the tp2 went from 6.1 to 6.5 and we billed it as a maintenance release. but imho, this is 2.1.

Are you friends with the other Sprint employees here who swore they had inside info and the 2.1 update was coming Feb 22nd and then today March 26th?
29th March 2010, 10:55 PM   |  #17  
azyouthinkeyeiz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
So...

I am digging this out of death, so that I can tell you guys, that if you read my earlier post in this thread, the reality is the exact opposite....


... that's all you get.
Last edited by azyouthinkeyeiz; 29th March 2010 at 11:29 PM.
29th March 2010, 11:08 PM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
well that's good news!
30th March 2010, 01:54 AM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 21
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azyouthinkeyeiz

So...

I am digging this out of death, so that I can tell you guys, that if you read my earlier post in this thread, the reality is the exact opposite....


... that's all you get.

So... it won't be released or announced?
30th March 2010, 02:14 AM   |  #20  
Account currently disabled
West Michigan
Thanks Meter: 90
 
4,971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
i heard april 26th for 2.1........

maybe we are getting an updated radio on the 6th?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes