Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Anyone

Tip us?

_Kyros_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question Android Anyone

Hi all, I just got a new HTC HD2 from T-Mobile US and wanted to know if someone can point me in the right direction on how to install Android. I'm pretty familiar with Android since my first Smartphone was the HTC Dream/G1 (which I miss already) and the only reason I got this phone besides the specs was that I heard you can hack it to run Android. I have no clue about Windows Mobile phones since this is my first one (and I don't like it already LOL) but if I can get Android on here then maybe she's a keeper...any help will do, thanks in advance.

aceo07
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Sell your HD2 if you don't like WM. It'll be a while before Android is on it. Android is possible on the HD, if you want to get that phone.

_Kyros_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceo07 View Post
Sell your HD2 if you don't like WM. It'll be a while before Android is on it. Android is possible on the HD, if you want to get that phone.
WOW! So Android hasn't been ported to the HD2 yet? Looks like I'm taking my phone back to T-Mobile and sticking with my trusty Dream until the next best thing comes out.

skylinepigeon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
nice job on the research there buddy....

heres the android thread btw. very far from an android build.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=651632

may i advise you to at least try out wm first though. its actually not that bad, and i think that sense makes it look much nicer than android

rlee008
Old
Thanks Meter 123
you didnt look into this stuff before you went and got the phone? typical... "shot, then ask questions"

aceo07
Old
Thanks Meter 10
You're going to miss the speed of the hd2. I had an HTC Dream too.

You have 2 weeks to try it before you have to return it if you don't like it.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe