Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tips & Tricks for the Desire

Tip us?

Raminder1992
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you drag the top bit it tells you your notfications! (where the battery life is).
The Following User Says Thank You to Raminder1992 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

O and O
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys, quick question I'm coming from a HTC Tytn and before that a Touch HD, I used to use S2U2 to lock on the Tytn and like the iPhone style text appearing on the lock screen, can the Desire do that?

Hessi93
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by O and O View Post
Hey guys, quick question I'm coming from a HTC Tytn and before that a Touch HD, I used to use S2U2 to lock on the Tytn and like the iPhone style text appearing on the lock screen, can the Desire do that?
Download the Lock 2.0 from market!
There are one free, and one paid version available.

O and O
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessi93 View Post
I only want to see the text message or email not have an iPhone like lock screen, my mistake lost in translation.

irkan
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessi93 View Post
BTW, lots of people have been complaining about this particular app! because it gets stuck sometimes and you have to restart, and missed notifications also

Eddiemc
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by O and O;
I only want to see the text message or email not have an iPhone like lock screen, my mistake lost in translation.
"SMS popup" gives you the iPhone like popup whenever you receive an SMS.. Works on lockscreen as well as over any program/app. Unfortunately it doesn't do emails
Alternatively you can change the whole SMS app to chomp or handcent.. Those gives you popups as well.

-e

Karolis
Old
Thanks Meter 13
SMS Popup does not seem to work on my device :-/ I think it might have something to do with Sense UI. Can anyone confirm they got it working on their Desire?

evildead4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yup. You can re-arrange the home screens but not by pressing in the big menue but by pressing when your actually on the screens and dragging them accross. Works a charm. Just got mine today and tried it!

mhewitson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolis View Post
SMS Popup does not seem to work on my device :-/ I think it might have something to do with Sense UI. Can anyone confirm they got it working on their Desire?
Yeah - No issues with SMS Popup.
Been using it for ages now and love it.

sh500
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildead4eva View Post
Yup. You can re-arrange the home screens but not by pressing in the big menue but by pressing when your actually on the screens and dragging them accross. Works a charm. Just got mine today and tried it!
Where on the screen(s) are you pressing to do this? The only thing I can manage to do is move individual item (widgets. shortcuts, etc) across different home screens but not the entire screen itself.