Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Samba Server for Android

Tip us?

FadeFx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMAX View Post
latest cm9?
nearly, 20120515... but i use devil kernel with zram enabled.

Samsung Galaxy SIII | NeatRom / Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly | Modem: XXLG8 | Kernel: Googy_Max (some beta)
Samsung Galaxy S | CyanogenMod 10 | Version:HellyBean #??? | Modem:XXJVT | Kernel: Devil 3.x

Scoobycontrol EQ for Scoobydoo Sound i9300
VoodooEQ for Voodoo Sound i9000
Samba Server for Android

FadeFx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,896

DONATE TO ME
I think there were some changes to su recently, try updating su-binary in superuser app, it will show latest version installed, but update anyway, this solves a problem with lbe security guard for me, possibly it can help u as well.

------------------------------
tapatalked from Galaxy S

Samsung Galaxy SIII | NeatRom / Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly | Modem: XXLG8 | Kernel: Googy_Max (some beta)
Samsung Galaxy S | CyanogenMod 10 | Version:HellyBean #??? | Modem:XXJVT | Kernel: Devil 3.x

Samba Server for Android
The Following User Says Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djwhitts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb calling the .RESTARTSAMBA intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by el3ctrik View Post
I'm looking for some help integrating Samba Filesharing with Tasker...
Hi guys,

anybody continued this?

I'm new to playing with Tasker, but what I have found is that I can start/stop the samba server with com.funkyfresh.samba.RESTARTSAMBA and com.funkyfresh.samba.STOPSAMBA intent. However! this is different from disable/enabling the samba server through the GUI.

eg, when using an Activity Intent to the Broadcast Receiver on tasker, com.funkyfresh.samba.STOPSAMBA stops the server - it shows on the samba server front screen as "Enabled - not running". Whereas pressing "disable" thru the gui will give "Disabled - not running".

SO, provided that you dont "disable" the server manually, you can control the program through Tasker.

Unfortunatly, when you manually disable the server, you cannot restart it with the intent com.funkyfresh.samba.RESTARTSAMBA! this seems to mean that there is step before the intent (.RESTARTSERVER) where the server is "enabled"...

please chime in if anybody has any thoughts as i'm a bit new to android..

cheers,
-djwhitts

Stupifier
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhitts View Post
Hi guys,

anybody continued this?

I'm new to playing with Tasker, but what I have found is that I can start/stop the samba server with com.funkyfresh.samba.RESTARTSAMBA and com.funkyfresh.samba.STOPSAMBA intent. However! this is different from disable/enabling the samba server through the GUI.

eg, when using an Activity Intent to the Broadcast Receiver on tasker, com.funkyfresh.samba.STOPSAMBA stops the server - it shows on the samba server front screen as "Enabled - not running". Whereas pressing "disable" thru the gui will give "Disabled - not running".

SO, provided that you dont "disable" the server manually, you can control the program through Tasker.

Unfortunatly, when you manually disable the server, you cannot restart it with the intent com.funkyfresh.samba.RESTARTSAMBA! this seems to mean that there is step before the intent (.RESTARTSERVER) where the server is "enabled"...

please chime in if anybody has any thoughts as i'm a bit new to android..

cheers,
-djwhitts
Excellent Research you did there. I basically dropped this app for its lack of Tasker support or a simple way to Enable/Disable. Latest Version of ES File Explorer now offers exactly what File Samba does but also has a shortcut to disable/enable. I flipped over to that.

FadeFx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier View Post
Excellent Research you did there. I basically dropped this app for its lack of Tasker support or a simple way to Enable/Disable. Latest Version of ES File Explorer now offers exactly what File Samba does but also has a shortcut to disable/enable. I flipped over to that.
Es fileexplorer has an FTP server built in now, but FTP is not samba.

tapatalked from Galaxy S

Samba Server for Android
The Following User Says Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andreasy
Old
Thanks Meter 493
I have been using this app for more than 1 year now and I tried many different builds. I never managed to make it stable and it always worked only when it wanted to. I can't say that something else it's blocking it because I have it on all the time and when I need it, it just won't work. If I reboot my device and enable it again, it will work most of the times but as I said, it's not stable. You can't rely on it that it will work when you need it. It will work 3 out of 10 times you need it. It's sad though that no other similar program exists to compare.
[Phone]
Samsung Galaxy S4 [I9505]
[ROM]
Omega v34 JB 4.4.2 - XXUGNG2
Bootloader: XXUFNB9 (KNOX: 0x1)
[Kernel]
Talexop 2.51 (3.4.0)
[Radio]
XXUGNG2(GSM) - XXUGNG2(LTE)
[Recovery]
PhilZ Touch 6.51.4

zman519
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy View Post
I have been using this app for more than 1 year now and I tried many different builds. I never managed to make it stable and it always worked only when it wanted to. I can't say that something else it's blocking it because I have it on all the time and when I need it, it just won't work. If I reboot my device and enable it again, it will work most of the times but as I said, it's not stable. You can't rely on it that it will work when you need it. It will work 3 out of 10 times you need it. It's sad though that no other similar program exists to compare.
Ya I no what you mean. I don't have it running all the time (also used it for over a year) it still flakes out on me. & its always when I want to give some files to a friend or they want to upload something on to my phone :-\ its still a grate app & I love it. Just wish it was more relieable.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.
“Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." John F. Kennedy

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford

DocMAX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadefx View Post
i think there were some changes to su recently, try updating su-binary in superuser app, it will show latest version installed, but update anyway, this solves a problem with lbe security guard for me, possibly it can help u as well.

tapatalked from galaxy s
worked for me!!! Thank you very much!!! Finally!!!
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE

cyclonmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMAX View Post
worked for me!!! Thank you very much!!! Finally!!!
How do you update? I believe it's not as simple as update through google play right?
Visit My Blog: http://cyclonmaster.blogspot.com/
Try out my first free Android Game

andrewilley
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonmaster View Post
How do you update? I believe it's not as simple as update through google play right?
Just start the SuperUser app and there's an option in Menu>Preferences to check and update the binary. Very simple and painless.

Andre
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, 32GB (Stock ROM/kernel; rooted ; Nova Launcher) 64GB SDHC card
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Wi-Fi, 32GB (Infamous AOKP JB 4.2.2 ROM; Nova Launcher)

Previous:
Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB; 32GB SD card
HTC Desire Z 16MB SD card
T-Mobile MDA Vario III 8GB Sandisk SD card
T-Mobile MDA Vario