Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing Apps (The reason why inside)

Tip us?

thedalmeny
Old
(Last edited by thedalmeny; 27th March 2010 at 10:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Missing Apps (The reason why inside)

Basically i've been doing some research online and now know why some apps are not appearing on Android Marketplace..

HTC Desire is brand new - we (T-Mobile users) - have gotten it a good 2 weeks before official retail release (as it has now been delayed till April 7th)

Apparently copy protected apps will not appear on the marketplace until the firmware is approved - since i'm guessing these HTC Desires from T-Mobile probabley only got updated 1/2 days before we actually got them (seems logical since some people received pre release firmware ones).. It'll probabley be a couple of days or until April 7th till copy protected apps appear.

Write emails to HTC and T-Mobile - so they're also aware of this.

It happened to the Hero at one point aswell with a new firmware upgrade, everyone updated and it took a few days for copy protected apps to appear.

Hope that answers a few questions .

Karolis
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I sure hope you're right. I can wait for a couple of days.

irkan
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedalmeny View Post
Basically i've been doing some research online and now know why some apps are not appearing on Android Marketplace..

HTC Desire is brand new - we (T-Mobile users) - have gotten it a good 2 weeks before official retail release (as it has now been delayed till April 7th)

Apparently copy protected apps will not appear on the marketplace until the firmware is approved - since i'm guessing these HTC Desires from T-Mobile probabley only got updated 1/2 days before we actually got them (seems logical since some people received pre release firmware ones).. It'll probabley be a couple of days or until April 7th till copy protected apps appear.

Write emails to HTC and T-Mobile - so they're also aware of this.

It happened to the Hero at one point aswell with a new firmware upgrade, everyone updated and it took a few days for copy protected apps to appear.

Hope that answers a few questions .
good analysis, thanx for sharing

O and O
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can you download apk files online and install them anyway?