Originally Posted by adzman808
maybe a small step for cookers, but for ROM wanters, its a giant leap for mankind
In my case more a question of 'baby steps' than giant leaps, but hopefully getting there gradually....and beginning to make a bit more sense !
I've successfully made a straightforward unpack / repack of the original ROM, following in Da Mafia's pioneering footsteps.
Then have tried a significantly modified one
- used Arag0n85's initflashfiles.dat file (out of interest his latest file is 48k, the original was 223k !)
all the gash .cab files, .tsks, Help Video, all the Today Screen images apart from Default Blue and a few other things from the \Dump directory on the PC
the replacement start / shutdown files.
Total ROM file size is now only 212MB instead of the original 254MB (but probably needs a few things put back).
This concoction has flashed OK
- I'm back to an Orange logo at start up - have to figure where that lives, but think Arag0n85 knows where to look.
- only have a single icon on the Start Menu - for Today ! (Same as Da Mafia reported above). So can go back and forth between the titanium UI and the Start, to things which are accessible off the Titanium screen but not much else.
- Also nothing in Program Files when the directory structure is viewed from the PC over WMDC
- There is partial navigation through File Explorer, accessed via the Pictures & Videos tab on the front page, but unfortunately while Directories and all Image files show up fine, it is not displaying other files.
But, apart from the original splash screen, for all intents and purposes a completely de-Oranged device
....so I used the destop PC via WMDC to line up the previous hybrid IT / UK ROM and put back via the short pins method [ Incidentally I've found a Case Logic Velcro cable tie strap just about ideal as a temporary device to secure the battery against coming adrift ].
In the meantime, having a browse through another edit of the initflashfiles.dat and am now running at filesize of 133k. An interesting question is whether to repeat using the hybrid ROM as the start point as that never had the initial splash screen....
But, enough excitement for one day !
1). Toshiba TG01
- WM6.5 custom ROM (TG01_KPW121227.001
) + 64GB Sandisk uSDXC
+ Mugen 1.3Ah battery
2). Toshiba e830
WiFi+BT, WM2003SE + OzVGA; 32GB CF, 4GB SD, Garmin cfQue 1620 GPS; Audiovox GSM/GPRS data CF; Socket LP-E Ethernet
250GB ext'l HD (Toshiba 1.8" in compact USB enclosure + LIon battery + custom cables)
Audio: PocketMusic 5.3.5 up to 1141k kBits/s (.wav) + Westone W4R
canalphones, Video: Skinned Core Player
MPEG 1 up to 8MBits/s