Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] [.38.8] intersectRaven's Kernel (AVS/CAVS)01/08/2011 22:00

Tip us?

jblazea50
Old
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
IntersectRaven, not sure if you mentioned this earlier or not, but did you put back "ondemand" option for SetCPU?

RieGo
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by intersectRaven View Post
Have you cleared your battery stats and tried it for a couple of reboots? It usually clears up after one or two reboots on a new flash if you were from the non-AVS kernel before.
Yes, i charged completely and wiped battery stats and cache. I did about 10 reboots and after landing on homescreen it did everytime either freeze or force a reboot.
Maybe my CPU is too lazy
I'm now back on the latest non-AVS, which works nice.

intersectRaven
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblazea50 View Post
IntersectRaven, not sure if you mentioned this earlier or not, but did you put back "ondemand" option for SetCPU?
Yeah. Its set as default now but if you want to go to other CPU governors, I included all of them so you can select what works best for you.

Btw, to all who are having problems with AVS, you can help me pinpoint the problem by doing the ff:
1.) Do not remove your N1 from the USB after rebooting.
2.) Wait for 'adb devices' to recognize your device and type 'adb shell'.
3.) Enter 'cat /proc/kmsg' and press enter. Tell me if you're seeing lines starting with AVS and what the message is.

I'm guessing the instability is being caused by some processors who can't handle even the maximum voltage of this kernel, 1250, and needs the default of 1275 to function properly.
Xperia Z1 Compact - Stock ROM w/ own kernel
Nexus 7 (2013) - Stock ROM w/ own kernel

Buy me a beer (or something...)
BitCoin donations accepted:
15MZpCG4J21myvk8mxfHgjCrJ97SgaZmwC

Ivan Dimkovic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@intersectRaven,

I am not really sure if that (1.250v) could be the case, as I set maximum voltage to 1275v in avs source... having this possibility in mind.

But still, even with 1.275v set as maximum voltage in AVS people do complain about those reboots.

I noticed that you are using stock frequency for booting... I thought that IT could be the problem as I am overclocking it... but, it looks like it's not that either.

intersectRaven
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dimkovic View Post
@intersectRaven,

I am not really sure if that (1.250v) could be the case, as I set maximum voltage to 1275v in avs source... having this possibility in mind.

But still, even with 1.275v set as maximum voltage in AVS people do complain about those reboots.

I noticed that you are using stock frequency for booting... I thought that IT could be the problem as I am overclocking it... but, it looks like it's not that either.
I see...it still would be nice to know what AVS is reporting in those instances where it causes a not responding fault in those N1s. If ever there are no AVS problems, then it really may just be the processor not supporting it.

Ivan Dimkovic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, definitely... let's see if AVS debug messages will point us to where the problem could be in those reboots.

wildmonks
Old
(Last edited by wildmonks; 2nd April 2010 at 04:42 PM.) Reason: spelling mistake and adding screenshot...
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Appreciate your efforts in bring back wireless tethering support but now I get a different error that's preventing the app from working.

In the wireless tethering app's log it says "Enabling NAT rules... failed"

Sorry I can't help you guys with the AVS freezing/rebooting problems that some are experiencing as this has never happened to me. And the AVS debug msg never does appear in my Kernel Messages. Guess that means my CPU likes the AVS code
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20100402_082712.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	302923  

RieGo
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
just got another freeze with 'cat /proc/kmsg' running, but there was no message from avs...

intersectRaven
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RieGo View Post
just got another freeze with 'cat /proc/kmsg' running, but there was no message from avs...
Hmmm...I see...that means it wasn't having a problem adjusting itself nor is AVS receiving requests from the processor that it needs more juice. Oh well, I'll just compile a non-AVS kernel as well. If ever you need to verify which is AVS and non-AVS, the #1 builds will be AVS while the #2 builds will be non-AVS.

RieGo
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by intersectRaven View Post
Hmmm...I see...that means it wasn't having a problem adjusting itself nor is AVS receiving requests from the processor that it needs more juice. Oh well, I'll just compile a non-AVS kernel as well. If ever you need to verify which is AVS and non-AVS, the #1 builds will be AVS while the #2 builds will be non-AVS.
That would be great! thank you
maybe you can get avs stable on every device one day

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe