FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Kernel] [.38.8] intersectRaven's Kernel (AVS/CAVS)01/08/2011 22:00

28th March 2010, 02:19 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by britoso

It works. I thought you incorporated the audio fix yesterday too!

I just compiled one with higher settings based on rotohammer's research. I think I'll stick with the default ones in my previous version though so its okay to skip this latest one.

For those who wanted to try out the modified values:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dqynw1inh3y <= 2.6.32
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmjwxzjlmmw <= 2.6.33
Last edited by intersectRaven; 28th March 2010 at 02:35 AM.
 
 
28th March 2010, 03:58 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
how is this different from kmobs (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=634587)? I'm using kmobs#9 right now with CM 5.0.5.3 and the battery life seems to have improved.

Also, what's the difference between .32 & .33?


Thank you!
28th March 2010, 04:19 AM |#13  
rotohammer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,067
 
More
I'm working on a mod that will allow us to change the min_vol and max_vol from a file. Kernel SOP dictates this not advised, but I don't have time to learn how to implement a procfs hook.
28th March 2010, 04:36 AM |#14  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
Donate to Me
More
I also used the voltages specified by kmobs so there should be no difference with the voltages. .32 is from the android kernel source while .33 is from cyanogen's. .32 is the stable kernel while .33 is still in its experimental stage.
28th March 2010, 04:37 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Thanks a lot I've been looking for something like this!
28th March 2010, 04:39 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
intersectRaven, any chance to release Overclock kernel ?
1267Mhz on the nexus one will be great. hahahaha
28th March 2010, 09:46 AM |#17  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheza02

intersectRaven, any chance to release Overclock kernel ?
1267Mhz on the nexus one will be great. hahahaha

haha...I'll think about it...I don't have the courage to try an OCed version though so you'll have to test it yourself if ever!
28th March 2010, 10:11 AM |#18  
cortez.i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 253
 
1010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intersectRaven

I just compiled one with higher settings based on rotohammer's research. I think I'll stick with the default ones in my previous version though so its okay to skip this latest one.

For those who wanted to try out the modified values:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dqynw1inh3y <= 2.6.32
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmjwxzjlmmw <= 2.6.33

i'm currently using MoDaCo Alpha 19, which reports using a 2.6.33.1 kernel. so i would use the 2.6.33 version, correct? just to confirm, are your volume values the same as used by rotohammer? also, where is the zImage stored on my device, that is if it's actually saved at all (yes, i am a newbie, lol). thanks!
28th March 2010, 10:18 AM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i

i'm currently using MoDaCo Alpha 19, which reports using a 2.6.33.1 kernel. so i would use the 2.6.33 version, correct? just to confirm, are your volume values the same as used by rotohammer? also, where is the zImage stored on my device, that is if it's actually saved at all (yes, i am a newbie, lol). thanks!

yes u would use the .33 if ever...the links u quoted does use rotohammer's values...and lastly, the zimage is flashed onto the image/kernel area in your device's boot partition...oh and no shame being a noob...we were all noobs once...
28th March 2010, 10:33 AM |#20  
www1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sassari (Sardinia)
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
This kernel crash on my nexus one with desire camera when I try to see a video.
Anyone can confirm this?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes