Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 50,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT] Flashing your First GSM USA 1024LEO ONLY!! (For Noobs)

Tip us?

FreakyFerret
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Great tutorial! I've been reading stuff about flashing and cooking and such for days now. I had read this one a couple of days ago, but most of it went over my head. After reading some more, and learning the terminology unique to these devices, I understand it perfectly! So, my only critique would be to suggest putting a type of "glossary" or explaination of what you're talking about as you talk about it. I only suggest that cause you title it "Flashing Your First. . ."

Explain that the SPL is basically just a boot loader.
Explain that the ROM is the Windows Mobile OS and included softare.
Explain that the Radio is used by SPL to talk to the ROM (or whatever it actually does), kinda like BIOS(?). Also be sure to say that if you put an incompatible Radio, your phone bricks cause it won't boot. You can't put on bad "BIOS" and then replace it. You can put on good one and change it later if you want though.

Also a link to a program that can grab your current phone's ROM and Radio and back them up to your computer would be useful.

Again, thank you so much for writing this! It's given me the confidence to try Flashing.

tylermobile
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default i might be an idiot

ok im new to this...but all of the roms listed arent zip...there RAR...how would i convert that?...someone please help this retard (me)

nicolasl46
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermobile View Post
ok im new to this...but all of the roms listed arent zip...there RAR...how would i convert that?...someone please help this retard (me)
I don't know anything about flashing yet, but if you want to open .rar files, just go to rarlab.com and download the free software, it works jus like winzip, but personally I think its a lot better.

SanFrancisco
Old
(Last edited by SanFrancisco; 30th March 2010 at 09:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Hello Everyone,

When I apply the HardSPL2_1024, does it remove the stock ROM?

Thank you,
Monnie
I have tutorials on YouTube about flashing ROMS. I describe HardSPL as a process that "opens the door to your house" (the chip inside the phone) so you can go inside and move in new furniture (a custom ROM in this case).

That's all HardSPL is, a "door opener." I would say it "unlocks" the chip, but that would confuse some people since they associate unlocking to making the phone usable with any carrier.

You can tell that's all it is by the fact it is a very small file, whereas the ROMS range from 150MB to 220MB, appx.

By the way, hardSPL means "hard secondary program loader." The other is sspl, which is a "soft secondary program loader." SSPL loads into RAM and is temporary as opposed to HSPL which is "permanent" as it loads on to the ROM chip.

tylermobile
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default running hspl program

when i try to run the program an error comes up saying im missing rapi.dll on my computer?....what should i do?

mgioia2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Sorry mskip, didn't realize i was in here wrong forum...

What i meant was, when the HSPL for LEO1024 first came out i unlocked almost immediately...then later that day or maybe the next day Cutolla pulled the HSPL because of some issues he felt it may have had...then Cutolla released his current version of he HSPL, i'm just wondering if the new HSPL is any different and should i flash it?

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
Sorry mskip, didn't realize i was in here wrong forum...

What i meant was, when the HSPL for LEO1024 first came out i unlocked almost immediately...then later that day or maybe the next day Cutolla pulled the HSPL because of some issues he felt it may have had...then Cutolla released his current version of he HSPL, i'm just wondering if the new HSPL is any different and should i flash it?
There is only 1 version of HardSPL for the 1024LEO. Cotulla pulled the file when some people reported it bricking their phones but it has been tested and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the program as long as the guidelines in the guide are followed so he re-released it.

Mark.

eflamenco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
would i be able to install TOUCH X-TREME ROM on my phone. i have the new hd2 from tmobile. i got last week and im a total rookie at this.

mgioia2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
There is only 1 version of HardSPL for the 1024LEO. Cotulla pulled the file when some people reported it bricking their phones but it has been tested and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the program as long as the guidelines in the guide are followed so he re-released it.

Mark.
Good deal, that's what i was hoping! Thanks!

zeemoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hey I am from Egypt but I want to buy T-Mobile while I am back to Egypt .. can I use it in Egypt buy this on any Egyptian network ???
please help me before I buy it

Tags
fast, reliable