XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DST Problem

Tip us?

leodr99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelltextfabrik View Post
I had the same problem with the EnergyROM. Solved it by setting the timezone via [Start] > [Settings] > [Clock & Alarms]. When I tried to set the timezone via Sense the option of choosing the timezone was grayed out. Maybe one of you overlooked it, too, like I did
It worked for me.
on the [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Casablanca, hence the problem with the DST
just changed it, et voilá! all is in sync, all around (time, calendar, sms's, emails...).

leodr99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapaGT View Post
Hello,

Also from Portugal here and yes I have the same problem. HTC told me that they already now about this and they are trying to solve it and release a fix. Keep the pressure, open weekly tickets, that is bound to create a fuss.

Off topic: In Portuguese ROM our memory card is named "Cartão de Memória" and it screws lots off apps that start creating "Cart" or "Cartão de Memó" in the device and it is killing me softly.. lol Have you noticed this?
One of the reasons, that made me to purchase the WWE version of the phone, instead of the PTG.
I feel your pain m8 :|

Wunderwaffe
Old
(Last edited by Wunderwaffe; 7th May 2010 at 04:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Is there a permanent fix for this yet? I've spent hours trying to get things to work. This is ridiculous: all they have to do is tell those idiots at Google to correct the associations of the locations with the time zones, which should have been right in the first place! But they couldn't care less, because they don't give a f*** about their customers. As long as they have big profits, screw those idiots who buy their products.

I finally managed to use "My Location" and have the my location time right, even after updating the weather, by turning off the "internet time sync" and setting the time zone to "GMT London,Dublin" manually. However, every other Portuguese city in the World Clock is one hour behind. This is BS.

doloresbf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, I don't know about you, but my problem seems to be solved (knoc on wood!). I can sync time and weather, and my Lisbon time is now correct.
Cheers

Wunderwaffe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doloresbf View Post
Hello, I don't know about you, but my problem seems to be solved (knoc on wood!). I can sync time and weather, and my Lisbon time is now correct.
Cheers
Yes, they seem to have (finally) fixed it.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Note II GT-N7105

dtran00
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default unlocked Samsung Galaxy s DST fix (rogers carrier )

Hey guys i found this appo n the droid market called SMS time fix
get that.

run it.

-check active
-offset your hour( mine was 4 )
-check last resort.

this fixed everything for me.

cakira
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodr99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelltextfabrik View Post
I had the same problem with the EnergyROM. Solved it by setting the timezone via [Start] > [Settings] > [Clock & Alarms]. When I tried to set the timezone via Sense the option of choosing the timezone was grayed out. Maybe one of you overlooked it, too, like I did
It worked for me.
on the [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Casablanca, hence the problem with the DST
just changed it, et voilá! all is in sync, all around (time, calendar, sms's, emails...).
Great! I live in Brazil and I had this problem too.
In [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Buenos Aires (Argentina). I changed it to Brasilia and voilà! Everything is working fine.