Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

DST Problem

OP robyr78

23rd April 2010, 02:22 AM   |  #71  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelltextfabrik

I had the same problem with the EnergyROM. Solved it by setting the timezone via [Start] > [Settings] > [Clock & Alarms]. When I tried to set the timezone via Sense the option of choosing the timezone was grayed out. Maybe one of you overlooked it, too, like I did

It worked for me.
on the [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Casablanca, hence the problem with the DST
just changed it, et voilá! all is in sync, all around (time, calendar, sms's, emails...).
23rd April 2010, 02:26 AM   |  #72  
Flag Lisbon

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapaGT

Hello,

Also from Portugal here and yes I have the same problem. HTC told me that they already now about this and they are trying to solve it and release a fix. Keep the pressure, open weekly tickets, that is bound to create a fuss.

Off topic: In Portuguese ROM our memory card is named "Cartão de Memória" and it screws lots off apps that start creating "Cart" or "Cartão de Memó" in the device and it is killing me softly.. lol Have you noticed this?

One of the reasons, that made me to purchase the WWE version of the phone, instead of the PTG.
I feel your pain m8 :|
7th May 2010, 05:06 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Is there a permanent fix for this yet? I've spent hours trying to get things to work. This is ridiculous: all they have to do is tell those idiots at Google to correct the associations of the locations with the time zones, which should have been right in the first place! But they couldn't care less, because they don't give a f*** about their customers. As long as they have big profits, screw those idiots who buy their products.

I finally managed to use "My Location" and have the my location time right, even after updating the weather, by turning off the "internet time sync" and setting the time zone to "GMT London,Dublin" manually. However, every other Portuguese city in the World Clock is one hour behind. This is BS.
Last edited by Wunderwaffe; 7th May 2010 at 05:16 AM.
4th July 2010, 06:39 PM   |  #74  

8 posts
Hello, I don't know about you, but my problem seems to be solved (knoc on wood!). I can sync time and weather, and my Lisbon time is now correct.
Cheers
7th August 2010, 06:07 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doloresbf

Hello, I don't know about you, but my problem seems to be solved (knoc on wood!). I can sync time and weather, and my Lisbon time is now correct.
Cheers

Yes, they seem to have (finally) fixed it.
27th August 2010, 10:09 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
unlocked Samsung Galaxy s DST fix (rogers carrier )
Hey guys i found this appo n the droid market called SMS time fix
get that.

run it.

-check active
-offset your hour( mine was 4 )
-check last resort.

this fixed everything for me.
18th October 2010, 06:39 PM   |  #77  
Flag Campinas - SP
Thanks Meter: 5

66 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodr99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelltextfabrik

I had the same problem with the EnergyROM. Solved it by setting the timezone via [Start] > [Settings] > [Clock & Alarms]. When I tried to set the timezone via Sense the option of choosing the timezone was grayed out. Maybe one of you overlooked it, too, like I did

It worked for me.
on the [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Casablanca, hence the problem with the DST
just changed it, et voilá! all is in sync, all around (time, calendar, sms's, emails...).

Great! I live in Brazil and I had this problem too.
In [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Buenos Aires (Argentina). I changed it to Brasilia and voilà! Everything is working fine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread