Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Desire gets the thumbs-up from Sydney Pub Crowd

Tip us?

bcmobile
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Desire gets the thumbs-up from Sydney Pub Crowd

David Richards from Smarthouse (Aussie tech review site) took the Desire to a pub in the Sydney suburb of Mosman.

Don't know how he got one so soon. The first official Aussie shipment will be to Tel$tra in late April.

Note that the pics show a Voice-to-Text button which confirms my suspicion that the unlocked handsets should ship with v2t enabled. http://news.smarthouse.com.au/images...4133605702.jpg

Full article here:
http://smarthouse.com.au/Reviews/Phones/S2T2D4C2

MY GUIDES:
10.1v Root
10.1v Bootloader Unlock
MTP
Note: Im very slack at replying to PMs, since I live a busy life and as much as I love XDA, I rarely get a chance to get on it these days.
It's best to questions to the forums, as I may take a long time to respond.
Current Devices:
| Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 7 |
------------------------------------------------
Got DropBox?

irkan
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmobile View Post
David Richards from Smarthouse (Aussie tech review site) took the Desire to a pub in the Sydney suburb of Mosman.

Don't know how he got one so soon. The first official Aussie shipment will be to Tel$tra in late April.

Note that the pics show a Voice-to-Text button which confirms my suspicion that the unlocked handsets should ship with v2t enabled. http://news.smarthouse.com.au/images...4133605702.jpg

Full article here:
http://smarthouse.com.au/Reviews/Phones/S2T2D4C2
nice find ... cant wait till the unlocked version gets released, ... come on already!

bcmobile
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Hell yeah. I almost joined the Apple cult a week ago but resisted the temptation. I don't know how much longer I can hold out

MY GUIDES:
10.1v Root
10.1v Bootloader Unlock
MTP
Note: Im very slack at replying to PMs, since I live a busy life and as much as I love XDA, I rarely get a chance to get on it these days.
Current Devices:
Got DropBox?

Mister-C
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice review. I initially thought the images might be standard stock pics, but one of them shows a Foxtel icon so I guess these are actual images taken by the reviewer after all. It doesn't make sense though that unlocked units would get V2T whilst locked wouldn't, why would this be?

bcmobile
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-C View Post
Nice review. I initially thought the images might be standard stock pics, but one of them shows a Foxtel icon so I guess these are actual images taken by the reviewer after all. It doesn't make sense though that unlocked units would get V2T whilst locked wouldn't, why would this be?
People with the T-Mobile handsets which already shipped are saying its not there. Some of them shipped with pre-release firmware though so that might be the issue.

It is also rumoured that T-Mobiles final-relase firmware failed Google testing. It could be that they rolled back to an earlier version to get the units out the door.

MY GUIDES:
10.1v Root
10.1v Bootloader Unlock
MTP
Current Devices:
Got DropBox?

chanyinkeen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Don't believe everything the review writes. David Richards has on occasion been known to plagiarise, and not do a bit of fact checking. If you read it closely, he mentions that it runs on a 1.5 Mhz Qualcomm. Last I recall, it was a 1Ghz machine, not 1.5 Mhz! Adding to that closer to the end he starts mentioning the HD2 and Desire as the "HDC HD2" and "HDC Desire"

abc-net-au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2178689.htm

That's a link to a TV show that scrutinised his actions.

bcmobile
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Ah, good old Media Watch. Interesting he had pics including a foxtel icon though. Thats not to say they couldn't have come from Telstra.

I emailed him and he has promised to confirm once and for all whether the voice-to-text function is included. He prolly thinks Im working for Mediawatch

MY GUIDES:
10.1v Root
10.1v Bootloader Unlock
MTP
Current Devices:
Got DropBox?

Tags
desire, review, v2t

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more