This application works out of the data received from GSM signals.(NO CDMA)
so almost all windows mobile devices can use it.I developed it on my elf and it seems it is working
Requires GSM network, Windows Mobile , .Net CF 3.5
1. Battery Friendly, No active background process.
2. No GPS needed.
3. User configurable interval to check for location.
4. Can save settings automatically v0.3
Well it works like this: (May change per version)
1. Install it.
2. Open the Location Aware(from programs)
3. When ever you start the app it will vibrate the device 2 times and then asks "Add this Location".
4. Click OK and it prompts to save the volume level for this location and save.
5. Adjust the volume level as you desire from the Slider on right hand side of screen.
6. Then goto Menu and Save Location Mode, this should save the setting for this location(Prompt will be displayed).
7. Now you can let the application run itself every X mins to check for new location and prompt you whenever a new location is found.
8. To set the interval time goto Menu -> "Stopped" this should open up a panel to enter the interval time, fill it and click set. "Stopped" should be changed to "Running". Now you can Exit.
9. If prompt is not dismissed or OKayed within 1 min(Automode). It dismisses itself and will prompt again if new location is found after next X mins.
10. The limit for interval is 2-60 mins, that means the app will run itself after every X mins and check for location, if a new location is found it vibrates
and then asks you to save this location or not, in case you dont respond to it, it will close itself after 1 min.
and in case the location was already saved it will automatically apply the volume profile.
Basically as you keep on using it the database keeps on growing and in parallel profile settings gets more customized.
PS: You may notice that the taskbar volume indicator is not changed, but that is normal. The volume setting is still applied as per your choice this issue is fixed in v0.3
1. No alert popup will be displayed to inform select n save the location.
2. Save the location mode directly by clicking the volume level image.
1. Reflect the volume level changes in the taskbar volume icon
2. New mode added "AutoSave", enabling it makes the app save new location automatically with the last volume preference, whenever a new location is found.
PS. AutoSave mode works in Scheduled mode, if you have set the app to run after a scheduled interval with autosave mode enabled and it detects a new location it will prompt a message-box, if you don't give it a response i.e ignore it, it will add the location automatically after 1 min and will dismiss itself.
for users of previous versions:
It will use the already existing database of location settings, just install it over the previous version.
This app is used to plot all the collected points by the location aware app on google maps.
Unzip the files and then copy the locations.db file from your device to the same folder on your system. Once the file has been copied Run CreateMap.exe this should generate a html file in the same folder. Run that and see for yourself
Please replace the dll in PCBuddy with the one in 64Bit.zip in case you are using a 64Bit Windows
For the first time I suggest to keep the interval at around 5 mins so that it can grab almost all the desired locations. once you feel it is having settings for your daily use u may turn the interval to a higher(suggested 15 mins) so that it can apply the volume settings for the known locations.
SUPPORT LATE NIGHTS- DONATE!