5,594,386 Members 36,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official SuperMarioBros. windows mobile adv. finally here!! For WVGA devices

Tip us?

zarpy
Old
(Last edited by zarpy; 15th July 2010 at 06:49 AM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Default Official SuperMarioBros. windows mobile adv. finally here!! For WVGA devices

SuperMarioBros. windows mobile adventure is final here. Travel through grassland,iceland,and boswers castle. Fight goombas ,koopas,drybones,and the big boss himself king boswer.
Avoid gaps and weapons thrown at you by enemies to stay alive.
Fight hard enough and you save princess. Tested and passed inspection on touchpro2 and xperia1x.
Installation:
Extract files from zip. and choose where you want it on your windows mobile pocket pc. Or download cab for easy install.
Bugs:
None but as a note sometimes you have to repeat press start button to continue level after you die.
When you die in a level its better to use stylus to press start or exit buttons.
No multi-touch so you have to let go 1 button to press another.
TOO TOUGH:
If you played the game and need some tips to help you out keep reading about 5 post down is some info for you.

If you want to play the new controversial tiger woods game go here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=650330

UPDATE; CAB FILE ADDED
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boswers castle.jpg
Views:	6857
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	300638   Click image for larger version

Name:	supermariobros mobile.jpg
Views:	5912
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	300639   Click image for larger version

Name:	mario iceland.jpg
Views:	4112
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	300640  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mario windows mobile.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.00 MB, 11603 views)
File Type: cab Super_Mario_Bros_Krenisis Cabbed BY Hypnotic2010.cab - [Click for QR Code] (7.24 MB, 16033 views)

mastawindu
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks a lot ! will try this today

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarpy View Post
SuperMarioBros. windows mobile adventure is final here. Travel through grassland,iceland,and boswers castle. Fight goombas ,koopas,drybones,and the big boss himself king boswer.
Avoid gaps and weapons thrown at you by enemies to stay alive.
Fight hard enough and you save princess. Tested and passed inspection on touchpro2 and xperia1x.
Installation:
Extract files from zip. and choose where you want it on your windows mobile pocket pc.
Bugs:
None but as a note sometimes you have to repeat press start button to continue level after you die.
When you die in a level its better to use stylus to press start or exit buttons. Every thing else works perfectly
Main Device : Galaxy S II (GT-I9100P)
RECOVERY : CWM
Kernel: Appolo / Siyah
Rom type preferred : MIUI (for userfriendlyness and customization possibilities), Stock Samsung based
Rom criteria : stability, responsiveness, low battery usage, low ram usage, eye candy but sober (close to stock)
File host preferred : Mediafire
Other Devices : The legendary HTC HD2, HTC Touch Diamond 2

aqualo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks so much! can't wait to try it.

SlyMaelstrom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Pretty cool. One thing to note is that you cannot jump and move at the same time on resistive touch screens. If you are the one developing this, you have more than enough room to create a faux mutli-touch interface by creating invisible buttons halfway between the two buttons you want them to reference. This will allow you to press down on two spots and get the desired effect. This is especially easy for your interface seeing as all the buttons are the same size and shape. Though you might have to make them just slightly smaller to avoid an overlap between the right arrow and the "left+jump" buttons.

Other than that, it's coming along quite nice. Obviously the death thing needs to be fixed... all that happened when I hit a goomba was I disappeared and still could hear myself jumping. But other than that, very cool.

zarpy
Old
(Last edited by zarpy; 29th March 2010 at 01:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 99
Default creation

Yes I know that touchscreens on TouchPro2 and like phones dont support multi-touch well. I hope that future phones and ROMs support it better. Yes it took me a couple of weeks to make all the levels and the final boss fight with bowser. After all the hard work the game came off just the way I wanted it.

Too Tough
Ok so you played the game and at some points its pretty tough. Here some tips and tricks to help you out.
1) When you jump but just miss but hit the side of a plateform press forward button and mario can climb up the side of the plateform.
2)Some coins in the game are unreachable, its a trap so dont try to collect every coin in every stage.
3) When you fight final boss bowser stay on left side of screen. You see a platform in the middle of screen moving up and down. You faintly see a turtle in the background and when the moving platform hits the turtle a shell appears. Hit the turtle shell and it hit boswer. Boswer has about 20 hit points so it will be a long fight.
4)When you die its better to use stylus to press start to restart level.

Enjoy the game and have fun if you need any help tell me here or PM me.

meltwater
Old
(Last edited by meltwater; 29th March 2010 at 02:31 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarpy View Post
Yes I know that touchscreens on TouchPro2 and like phones dont support multi-touch well. I hope that future phones and ROMs support it better. Yes it took me a couple of weeks to make all the levels and the final boss fight with bowser. After all the hard work the game came off just the way I wanted it.
Hey looks great, might give this a go, although I think I'll lose my phone to my missus, she's a Mario nut!

+1 for false multi-touch, would make run and jump perfect. Good work!
HTC Touch HD
____
* Energy 28244|Feb 19| 2.5.2012114 Cookie *
Radio: 1.17.25.09

Sense Wiki | Facebook Tab v1.6 | RSS Tab | SenseUtil | CHTwPictureFrame
Android-On-A-Shoestring

___
PayPal: if you enjoy the fb/RSS tab!

JudeLe
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Good work. Thanks a lot for this effort.

mike2nl
Old
Thanks Meter 517
Hi meltwater,

i see you more then once here on xda. We are mario slaved? . Nice app/game. Will try it about the old days.
Sensation XE: 光盤 6, PYDX & AIO latest
SGT 10.1 3G: JellyBeanICS v8, Yoda 2.4
SGT 7 3G: CM 11, 4.4.2 storm31
HD2: 光盤 3.7, marc 0.2.3
Teams: CHTBeta & Art, CD
Apps: 3D Photo Browser Mods
Android Test Links: USB Echo

Something72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot

zarpy
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Default thanks for feedback

Thanks alot for feedback so when Iam ready to release a 2nd version it will be much improved and more fun.

Tags
mario mobile, mario wvga game, pocket pc mario, windows mobile mario