is it battery or ROM?

Search This thread

jaytheguru

Mar 18, 2007
Morning everyone,

During last weekend I went to Birmingham and was using TomTom on my Hima (6.5 swampy ROM). While going towards Birmingham the phone was fine however once I got to Birmingham, it suddenly restarted. I thought maybe it crashed so I waited for the ROM to come back up.

Once it came back, it was running very slow. I switched on TomTom again and yet again it restarted. I again waited for it to come back on but this time when it came back on, it restarted again. It restarted around 5-8 times.

I was very frustrated since all my contacts were on the phone and not on the SIM nor I knew the direction to get to my friend house. I plugged the phone into the Ciggerete lighter (to charge it), and it worked fine for a while. Once I came back home I uninstalled few programs off it so that it can have some free memory. Yet it restarted again.

I then hard reset the phone yet it still getting stuck and getting rebooted at random times. I then downgraded it to 1.72 Old Original ROM with 1.7 Radio. At the time it worked fine so I updated it back to 6.5 with 1.9 Radio and so far it is working ok-ish.

My question is, is it the ROM or the Battery which is causing this issue? I mean it has been running stable until I tried to use TomTom for directions. I have tried 2 other 6.5 ROMs, yet after importing my contacts the Hima was running very slow. So I went back to Swampy ROM.

Sorry for a long post and I'd say some points it sounds random but that is due to very early time here :D.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue with their hima?

Regards

Jay