XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bug on the onscreen keyboard

Tip us?

jonneymendoza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default bug on the onscreen keyboard

Hi. i seem to have a bug on the onscreen keyboard. basicaly, whenever i press a key no animation is applied as if pressing a real key on a keyboard ie see the specific key pressed down.

It doesnt seem to work no matter what screen or app i am running. However, it does operate fine when i do the keyboard tutorial?

anyone having issues with this?

edit: seems to work fine when i switch the keyboard into numeracy mode

jonneymendoza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Another edit: fixed the issue by changing the keyboard layout completeley via the settings and back to full qwerty .

s1977
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Not really linked to your problem, but I noticed a strange behaviour when setting up Copilot on my Desire today. Basically no matter what i typed, it automatically retyped some letters back again. Trying backspace too added the last letter again and then subsequently deleted it. I wanted to type say xyz@yahoo.com and it would type xxyyzz@@y... It reminded me of similar keyboard issues on the Nexus One. Thankfully I did not notice the same issue when i typed in landscape mode.

kasonne
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1977 View Post
Not really linked to your problem, but I noticed a strange behaviour when setting up Copilot on my Desire today. Basically no matter what i typed, it automatically retyped some letters back again. Trying backspace too added the last letter again and then subsequently deleted it. I wanted to type say xyz@yahoo.com and it would type xxyyzz@@y... It reminded me of similar keyboard issues on the Nexus One. Thankfully I did not notice the same issue when i typed in landscape mode.
I had exactly the same problem, didn't think of trying it in Landscape mode mind you, but it was only on the user name field and not the password field in CoPilot.

w00yee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
talking about the touchscreen, anyone so far has experienced the mis-registering of the touch? feedback will be very appreciated. am a former Nexus one user and that bug haunted me a lot..

leoni1980
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00yee View Post
talking about the touchscreen, anyone so far has experienced the mis-registering of the touch? feedback will be very appreciated. am a former Nexus one user and that bug haunted me a lot..
My screen is perfect. Absolutely love this phone. Very responsive, word prediction is sublime and I haven't had a single slowdown or crash. Check out my YouTube videos (misterleoni)