Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

bug on the onscreen keyboard

OP jonneymendoza

29th March 2010, 02:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
london
Thanks Meter: 12

492 posts
More
Hi. i seem to have a bug on the onscreen keyboard. basicaly, whenever i press a key no animation is applied as if pressing a real key on a keyboard ie see the specific key pressed down.

It doesnt seem to work no matter what screen or app i am running. However, it does operate fine when i do the keyboard tutorial?

anyone having issues with this?

edit: seems to work fine when i switch the keyboard into numeracy mode
29th March 2010, 02:59 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
london
Thanks Meter: 12

492 posts
More
Another edit: fixed the issue by changing the keyboard layout completeley via the settings and back to full qwerty .
29th March 2010, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
Liverpuuuuuuuuuul :)
Thanks Meter: 32

227 posts
More
Not really linked to your problem, but I noticed a strange behaviour when setting up Copilot on my Desire today. Basically no matter what i typed, it automatically retyped some letters back again. Trying backspace too added the last letter again and then subsequently deleted it. I wanted to type say xyz@yahoo.com and it would type xxyyzz@@y... It reminded me of similar keyboard issues on the Nexus One. Thankfully I did not notice the same issue when i typed in landscape mode.
29th March 2010, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1977

Not really linked to your problem, but I noticed a strange behaviour when setting up Copilot on my Desire today. Basically no matter what i typed, it automatically retyped some letters back again. Trying backspace too added the last letter again and then subsequently deleted it. I wanted to type say xyz@yahoo.com and it would type xxyyzz@@y... It reminded me of similar keyboard issues on the Nexus One. Thankfully I did not notice the same issue when i typed in landscape mode.

I had exactly the same problem, didn't think of trying it in Landscape mode mind you, but it was only on the user name field and not the password field in CoPilot.
29th March 2010, 04:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Athens, UGA
Thanks Meter: 0

85 posts
More
talking about the touchscreen, anyone so far has experienced the mis-registering of the touch? feedback will be very appreciated. am a former Nexus one user and that bug haunted me a lot..
29th March 2010, 04:48 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 53

1,249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00yee

talking about the touchscreen, anyone so far has experienced the mis-registering of the touch? feedback will be very appreciated. am a former Nexus one user and that bug haunted me a lot..

My screen is perfect. Absolutely love this phone. Very responsive, word prediction is sublime and I haven't had a single slowdown or crash. Check out my YouTube videos (misterleoni)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread